May 26 – Evening Update

You've got to get out of the car sometime...

May 26 – Evening Update

Tim Chuey Weather: Showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms this evening, showers likely (60%)late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible, more in thunderstorms), mostly cloudy with showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Friday morning and afternoon (0.25 in. of rain possible, more in thunderstorms).

Police Seeking Home Invasion Robbery Suspects – Eugene Police responded to the 700 Block of East 17th Avenue at 1:38 p.m. this afternoon after receiving a report of a home invasion robbery that had occurred approximately five to ten minutes prior.  The victim told police that three male suspects forcibly entered the home.  One of the subjects physically assaulted the victim while the other two searched the residence stealing the property.  The three then exited the residence to a waiting vehicle driven by a fourth male.  The vehicle is described as a newer model maroon station wagon, similar in style to a Dodge Charger or Magnum.

Police responded and searched the area with negative results.  The suspects are described as following:

Suspect 1: Black male, early 20s, approximately 6’4″, medium build with short hair.  Last seen wearing a tan or camouflage colored jacket.
Suspect 2: Black male, early 20s, approximately 5’10” to 6′, medium build with short hair; last seen wearing dark colored clothing.
Suspect 3: Hispanic male, 18- to 21-years-old, approximately 5’10” to 6′, thin build, and unknown dark clothing.
Suspect 4 (Driver): Black male, 19- to 22-years-old, heavy build, with shoulder length dreadlock hair style, and seen wearing a dark colored shirt.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Eugene Police Department at 541.682.8888.

Senate Bill 987 passed unanimously, efforts to rename portion of Hwy. 126 in memory of Ofc. Kilcullen – The portion of the highway that would be renamed includes the stretch from West 6th and 7th Avenues ending at Main Street in Springfield.

Springfield church looks to give to Joplin – A local church is doing what they can to help victims affected by severe storms and tornadoes thousands of miles away.

Three arrested in connection with Harrisburg murder – Sheriffs deputies have arrested three men in connection with the murder of Jose Felipe Hernandez Leiva. His body was discovered last Friday inside a sleeping bag near I-5 east of Harrisburg.

Oregon Senate approves ‘Buy Oregon’ bill – The Oregon Senate has approved a bill that would allow state agencies to give preference to goods and services produced in Oregon when selecting contractors.

Suicide kits rekindle debate on assisted suicide – An Oregon bill that would outlaw suicide kits has helped rekindle a debate over the ethical and legal implications of what it means to assist a suicide.

BLM asked to keep wild horses safe from virus – The Humane Society of the United States is raising concerns about the potential for wild horses in the West to contract an equine herpes virus from domestic horses.

Oregon campers may face more snow than usual – Oregon campers may find some higher elevation campgrounds closed by snow over the Memorial Day weekend.

Springfield police log – Police detained a man who was seen jumping into traffic, waving his arms and swearing at motorists. — maybe he was trying to get away from a bee. –ed.

You've got to get out of the car sometime...


Previous Story

Night on the Town - Thursday

Next Story

May 27 - Morning Headlines

Latest from Firehose

0 $0.00