(Map Courtesy of EPD)
EUGENE, Ore. — After focusing on specific thefts in the South Hills are, burglaries there have gone down. However, open doors and windows may still be the key to thefts in the West University area.
Now, there is a new trend of thefts. According to the Eugene Police Department (EPD), five utility trailers have been stolen from all over the city in the past week. And there is a pattern of stolen vehicles in West Eugene. EPD is working to prevent the theft, but open doors and windows make it easy to become the victim of burglary. EPD reminds the public to:
- Park utility trailers in secure location that is well lit.
- Make sure security systems and/or automatic lights are armed.
- Lock the trailer’s hitch and/or park in a garage, behind a fence, or behind other vehicles.
- Work with neighbors to watch out for each other’s property.
- Report suspicious activity or crimes. Try to take down license plate numbers and get good description of suspect if possible to do so safely.
For more click to continue on to http://kezi.com/recent.rss