July 15 – Morning Headlines

Oregon Ducks Football
Oregon Ducks Football

July 15 – Morning Headlines

Listen to the Morning Headlines:
Morning Headlines with Steve Kaye

Tim Chuey Weather:

We’re still waiting to see if Summer heat ever shows up. Clouds and a chance of showers again followed by some clearing and warming then back to more clouds..

An upper level trough of low pressure (“U” shape) has moved through the Pacific Northwest and will be followed by an even stronger low that will slide along the coast. That will keep us alternating between periods of clouds and cooler temperatures, and even some light rain or drizzle, then back to some more sunshine and warming temperatures. A frontal system approaches the coast today that will bring a chance of showers Saturday with clearing and warming behind it for the rest of the weekend into next week when there will be another cool down.

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Partly cloudy today and this evening, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy Saturday AM, a mix of clouds and sun with a good (50%) chance of showers Saturday afternoon, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, partly cloudy late Saturday night through Sunday evening, then mostly cloudy Sunday night highs 79-70 warming to 74 Sunday lows 53-50. A mix of clouds and sun Monday, then partly cloudy Monday night through Thursday highs 76-72 warming to 78 by Thursday lows near 50. (seasonal averages high 82 low 51)

The Pollen forecast for the Eugene/Springfield Area is for trees and weeds to be low, and Grass to be moderste. (Provided by Allergy and Asthma Research Group)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com


  • Investigators Seek Persons of Interest to Springfield Shooting
    Investigators have identified two persons of interest in connection with a shooting that happened in Springfield Sunday.   Lane County detectives say two men went into the home on the 1600 block of Harbor Drive around 4 a.m., conf…
  • Truck Crashes Through Fence and Hits Porch
    A driver in Springfield crashed through a mailbox and two front yards before ending up in a person’s front lawn.   Police say it’s amazing she didn’t hit any of the houses.  Officers say the woman was heading…
  • Judge dismisses EmX suit against Eugene
    Circuit Court Judge Karsten Rasmussen this week dismissed a lawsuit alleging that the city of Eugene must put up to a public vote plans for a rapid-bus project in west Eugene. Opponents of the EmX project do not allege “that any specific agreement ex…
  • Study: 93% growth in Oregon wine industry
    A study for the Oregon wine industry finds its economic impact has nearly doubled since 2005 and now stands at $2.7 billion.
  • Police Warn of “Knock and Go Around” Burglaries
    The Eugene Police Department (EPD) says there have been 13 burglaries in the West University and South Hills areas.  They say that only two of them were “secured burglaries” in which a locked residence cause the burglar to make a force…
  • Oregon investment officers to get reprimands
    The Oregon Government Ethics Commission voted Wednesday to reprimand three investment officers at the Oregon State Treasury.
  • Single Game Duck Tickets Go On Sale
    The wait is over for single game Oregon football tickets.   Tickets for home games went on sale Thursday night at 10:00 p.m.  Games against Louisiana State University, University of Southern California, and Oregon State University are a…
Single Tickets went on sale last night.
Previous Story


Default thumbnail
Next Story

Sheriff: 'We're very fortunate here in Douglas County'

Latest from Firehose

0 $0.00