July 18 – Morning Headlines

//
Click for an opinion piece

July 18 – Morning Headlines

Listen to the Morning Headlines:
Morning Headlines with Steve Kaye

Headlines

  • Hyw. 38 fatal crash 
    74 year old pick-up driver loses his life in Sunday crash near Elkton
  • Eugene officer injured slightly in afternoon accident
    A Eugene police officer was slightly injured in a crash Sunday afternoon in the northbound lanes of Delta Highway just north of the Interstate 105 onramp, police said. Officer Kara Williams, a nine-year veteran with the Eugene department, was in one of…
  • Eugene Courthouse community garden receives major donation
    One of Eugene’s newest community gardens, the Courthouse Garden is celebrating success through a major donation to help it keep growing.
  • Change coming for Springfield’s ward boundaries
    Springfield’s ward boundaries will get some tweaking this year, thanks to uneven growth in the city. According to the 2010 Census, more people are moving into the city’s eastern wards.
  • EMU Fishbowl to undergo renovations, additions
    To coincide with Oregon 2020, a comprehensive plan that includes enhancing the student experience by designing opportunities for community engagement, the EMU Fishbowl is planning to add new additions in hopes of bringing a livelier atmosphere to campu
  • Oregon football nearing start of summer camp
    The Oregon football team broke out of the Willie Lyles stranglehold this week and made a few promising headlines as the start of summer camp draws near. The Ducks have been running voluntary workout sessions on the practice fields outside the Casanova

 

Tim Chuey Weather:

We’re starting the week off warming up today, but we’ll just go back to like last week ended. There is summer weather out there, but we can’t seem to find it

An upper level trough of low pressure (“U” shape) has moved in along the coast and will keep us alternating between periods of clouds and cooler temperatures, and rain or drizzle and even a thunderstorm thrown in for good measure, then back to less cloudy and slightly warming temperatures until late next week. A frontal system will be approaching the Pacific Northwest by midweek which would indicate the that there seems to be no end to this wet “Springlike” weather pattern soon. We could see a change over next weekend, but it is too soon to get too excited about it until there is some hard evidence it is possible.

Mostly cloudy this AM with a slight (20%) chance of showers, partly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms this afternoon and evening, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers late tonight (0.50 in. of rain possible, more in thunderstorms), mostly cloudy and cooler Tuesday with a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, more in thunderstorms), mostly cloudy Tuesday night and Wednesday AM, partly cloudy with a (20%) chance of showers Wednesday afternoon and evening, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday night highs 81-70 warming to 76 Wednesday lows 54-50. Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday and Thursday evening, then just partly cloudy Thursday night through Sunday highs 75-82 lows near 48. (seasonal averages high 82 low 51)

The Pollen forecast for the Eugene/Springfield Area is for trees and weeds to be low, and Grass to be moderate. (Provided by Allergy and Asthma Research Group)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com

 

Click for an opinion piece on government architecture trends
Default thumbnail
Previous Story

We’re starting the week off warming up today, but we’ll just go back to like last week ended. There is summer weather out there, but we can’t seem to find it.

Next Story

Salpino

Latest from Firehose

Pique

When I returned to the Bounty for my second year aboard I

0 $0.00