- Crash Kills Retired Cottage Grove School Counselor
A retired school counselor who spent 21 years at Cottage Grove High School died Wednesday night. Lane County deputies say Michelle Portmann was biking on an improved trail that intersects with Row River Road. But when s…
- UO move-in day features Unpack the Quack
The University’s 2011 move-in day incorporated a brand-new event, aimed to make move-in a more pleasant and easy experience. University Housing employed the help of approximately 400 student and faculty volunteers to help welcome freshmen by unlo…
- Police raid fortified indoor pot grow
Police raided indoor marijuana growing operations at two homes on Thursday morning, including one in a fortified home across the street from a school.
- Car Collides with Two Horses on Highway 99, One Horse Killed
A car collided with two horses on Highway 99 East near Junction City Thursday morning. One horse was killed, the other was injured. The driver was not seriously injured.
- Training burn to be held Friday near Mount Pisgah; some trails will be closed
The Lane County Parks Department, Friends of Buford Park and Mount Pisgah and the Oregon Department of Forestry will perform an ecological burn on the south end of Howard Buford Recreation Area and Mount Pisgah Friday. The training burn will provide wi…
Tim Chuey Weather:
Autumn is officially here! I’ll bet you haven’t noticed any changes in the weather. They will come at the end of the weekend.
A high pressure ridge (“Arch” shape) is moving away from the Pacific Northwest and a trough of low pressure is following bringing back the chance of rain with it. The Autumnal Equinox, 2:05 AM PDT today, begins Fall, but it will still feel like late Summer. We should see some precipitation pushing through the Pacific Northwest by the end of the weekend into early next week as a frontal system moves in Sunday and another frontal system follows that one.
Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Partly cloudy today through Saturday evening, becoming mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain late Saturday night, rain likely (60%) Sunday AM, afternoon showers likely (60%), then a good (50%) chance of showers Sunday night highs 85-69 lows 53-50. Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Monday through Tuesday AM, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday AM, mostly cloudy Wednesday afternoon and Thursday AM, then a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday afternoon highs 70-78 lows 53-49. (seasonal averages high 75 low 46)
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com