- Multiple Vehicle Accident At 2:16 this morning on I-5 southbound at milepost 195: MOTORCYCLE VS SEMI. RIDER DOWN. The motorcycle rider hit the rear of the semi.
- Multiple Vehicle Accident at 2:28 this morning at Territorial Hwy and Hwy 126 in Veneta, Life Flight was called to the scene. Update to follow.
- Photos: Hazmat spill downtown
A haz-mat spill in downtown Eugene prompted Lane Community College to cancel classes.
- UO law student alleges excessive force by Eugene police
A University of Oregon law student contends in a newly filed federal lawsuit that a Eugene police officer used excessive force and illegally entered his home to arrest him without a warrant after police arrived at his west university neighborhood resid…
- Report: Crime Increasing in Downtown Eugene
Crime is going up in parts of downtown Eugene Eugene police say there’s been a spike in property crime near West 7th and West 11th avenues. The latest report shows more auto break-ins and car thefts there than last month. …
- EPA Regulations Would Affect Wood Chip Burning
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is considering new regulations that could have a huge impact on the timber industry. If passed, the rules would classify certain leftover wood chips as a waste product. That would requir…
- Man jailed in Eugene bank robbery case
A Eugene man is being held in the Lane County Jail after police arrested him in connection with last Friday’s robbery of a Key Bank branch at 1980 River Road in north Eugene. Daniel Blake Bigelow made his initial appearance in U.S. District Court in …
- Just the lights — for now — coming down at Civic Stadium
Heads up, Civic Stadium fans. Part of the historic structure in south Eugene is about to come down. But people wanting to preserve the wooden stadium need not worry, at least not yet. Demolition crews in the next week or two could remove the pair of li…
- Feds give Eugene woman free pot
A Eugene woman gets free pot from the federal government because of her glaucoma. She’s one of four in the country.
- Many find military presence at UO is welcomed
On a campus famous for its patchwork student body comprised of environmentally conscious green activists and tie-dye-loving peaceniks, camouflage is finding its place in the quilt. Out of more than 8,000 schools surveyed for “military friendliness”…
- Brooks enshrined in Oregon Sports Hall of Fame
Former Oregon coach Rich Brooks headlines the latest class inducted into the Oregon Sports Hall of Fame.
Tim Chuey Weather:
Enjoy the sunshine and warmth today because it will go away as the weekend gets underway.
High: 77 Low: 50 Chance of Rain: slight
A ridge of high pressure (“Arch” shape on orange line) has taken over for one more day keeping us warmer . A frontal system will come in today along with a new trough of low pressure to return increasing chances of precipitation.
Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: A mix of clouds and sun today, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late tonight and Saturday AM, a (40%) chance of showers Saturday afternoon and Saturday night, a mix of clouds and sun in the AM, a slight (20%) chance of rain Sunday afternoon, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Sunday night highs 77-69 lows near 50. Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Monday AM, rain likely (60%) in the afternoon, rain Monday night through Wednesday, rain likely (60%) Wednesday evening, then showers likely (60%) late Wednesday night and Thursday highs 68-56 lows 52-48. (seasonal averages high 72 low 44)
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com