- City cracks down on vendors
The crackdown on “Shakedown Street” began Friday afternoon, when Eugene police began issuing tickets to unlicensed vendors who jammed into an Alton Baker Park parking lot in advance of the band Furthur’s three-night concert series at Cuthbert Amp…
- UO Student Upset that Police Waited to Respond to Groping Incident
A University of Oregon student is furious that Eugene Police didn’t take her report of a man groping her seriously, and she’s upset that it was another 15 hours before an officer responded. Whitney Grant was close to her gated apar…
- Drug Shortage Endangering Patients
A severe drug shortage of life-saving medications is endangering patients across the country. The shortage is forcing hospitals to buy the drugs from secondary suppliers at exorbitant markups because they can’t get them any other w…
- Eugene school district OKs final labor contract
The Eugene School District finalized a contract with classified employees this week that includes similar concessions already agreed to by teachers and administrators for the coming school year. The concessions — worth almost $4 million — will allo…
- Flames erupt in grass along I-5 south of Eugene
Helicopters dumped water on flames from a grass fire along Interstate 5.
- Man charged with illegal entry at Lookout Point Dam
A 21-year-old Eugene man faces federal charges alleging he entered into and took pictures from a restricted area atop Lookout Point Dam, but it appears the incursion was not part of any plot to sabotage the dam. Wiley Roy Nelson is charged with one cou…
- Grants Available to Improve Downtown Eugene Lighting
Some downtown Eugene business can apply for grants to improve their lighting. The projects must create a safe, pedestrian friendly environment for businesses facing Broadway between Lincoln and Pearl Streets, and facing Willamette b…
- Key Bank in north Eugene robbed
Police were searching this morning for a man who robbed a Key Bank branch at 1980 River Road in north Eugene. The hold-up was reported at 9:05 a.m. A man who wore dark sunglasses over his eyes reportedly entered the bank and robbed it, a police spokesw…
- Merkley Cosponsoring Bill to Renovate Schools
Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) announced Thursday he’s cosponsoring a bill that would provide funds to create construction jobs to modernize, renovate and repair school buildings. The Fix America’s Schools Today (FAST) Act would help eleme…
- Springfield Apartment Fire Caused by Lighters
Springfield officials say two juveniles, playing with lighters, caused a fire that heavily damaged a building at an apartment complex near the Gateway Mall. The fire broke out Thursday night in the Gateway Village Apartments
- Local Skating Programs Running on Reserves
The Lane County Ice Center nearly closed for good earlier this year, but private donors stepped up to keep it open through next spring. Supporters paid for rink repairs, but funding to keep the skating programs alive is quickly disappearing. …
- John Dick, last member of Ducks’ ‘39 championship team, dies
Retired Navy Admiral John Dick, the last surviving starter from the University of Oregon’s only NCCA championship basketball team and an icon among Duck fans, died Thursday. He was 92. Read more in Saturday’s Register-Guard
Tim Chuey Weather:
Saturday will still have plenty of sunshine and warm temperatures. The big change starts Sunday when the clouds increase and so does the chance of rain.
GAMEDAY: The Ducks vs Arizona in Tucson: Kickoff 7:15 PM Sunny and hot near 93 cooling to near 78 by the end of the game.
An upper level trough of low pressure is moving toward the Pacific Northwest bringing back the chance of rain with it. Autumn is officially here, but well have one more day of summer-like weather before cooler temperatures and the chance of rain push in. A cold front will weaken as it moves across Oregon, but there will still be a chance of rain by Sunday. Following closely behind will be another frontal system to increase the chances of precipitation.
Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Partly cloudy with patchy fog this AM, mostly sunny in the afternoon, partly cloudy this evening, becoming mostly cloudy late tonight, rain likely (60%) Sunday AM, afternoon showers likely (60%) and cooler, then a good (50%) chance of showers Sunday night, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Monday and Monday night highs 82-69 lows 53-50. Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Tuesday AM, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday afternoon and Tuesday night, just mostly cloudy Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday night through Friday highs 72-76 lows near 50. (seasonal averages high 75 low 45)
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com