- Eugene looks outward
In a preliminary move, Eugene’s planners have notified 500 property owners outside the city that their land could be considered for future urban neighborhoods. Letters were sent late last week to the property owners in more than a dozen areas that ri…
- Creswell City Administrator Explains Agenda Procedures
It’s been a month since a Creswell city councilor proposed making the city a hate-free zone after a local boy was roughed up allegedly because of his race. Creswell City Councilor A.J. O’Connell says he’s given the council more time and he…
- DHS Sees Another Uptick in Food Stamp Use
The Oregon Department of Human Services saw yet another uptick in the number of households using food stamps in September compared to the same time last year. It’s happening just as state programs and services continue to shrink. Lane Count…
- Cottage Grove City Manager Offers Options for Biosolids Processing
More than two months after hundreds of Cottage Grove residents complained about the putrid smell from a biosolids plant, some less smelly options are now on the table. The city manager will present five options to the Cottage Grove City Council …
- Oregon to release public employee pension records
The names of 110,000 retired public employees in Oregon and how much they receive in pensions will be made public next month as part of a court settlement between the…
- Driver in fatal hit-and-run pleads guilty
The hit and run driver who killed 26 year old Lacey Ann Rutheford last August pled guilty to that charge.
- Oregon Health Plan revamp meeting slated
With sweeping changes to the Oregon Health Plan potentially less than a year away, state officials will make a stop in Eugene on Wednesday to explain the concept of the revamp as well as to get some feedback on how it could be best implemented locally….
- Eugene pursues public art for new police headquarters
New to the Eugene Police Department’s most-wanted list: an artist capable of dreaming up an idea that inspires officers and comforts police station visitors. Police on Monday announced that the city has at least $75,000 available to fund a public art…
- Oregon men’s golf still in the lead through two rounds
The Oregon men’s golf team finished another strong round of play at The Prestige at PGA West tournament by holding on to its first-round lead with a 15-under 273 for the day and now sits comfortably in the lead at 24-under 552 through two rounds. The…
- LaMichael James recognized as conference, national player of the week
Oregon running back LaMichael James was officially named the Pac-12 offensive player of the week on Monday, just one day after taking home the Walter Camp national player of the week honor on Sunday. James rushed for 239 yards on 30 darries last Thursd…
- Duck star’s arm still in a sling
Oregon running backs coach Gary Campbell said LaMichael James was in good spirits Monday and “felt real good” after dislocating his elbow against California last Thursday night.
Tim Chuey Weather:
A wet day today, but what about the rest of the week?
Another upper air trough of low pressure (“U” shape on the yellow line) is moving toward the Pacific Northwest setting us up for a wet week with a possible break about midweek. A new frontal system will move into Oregon bringing some more rain with it.
Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with rain today (0.25 in. of rain possible), a (30%) chance of evening showers, a slight (20%) chance of showers late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, patchy fog late at night and Wednesday AM, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday, just mostly cloudy with patchy fog late Wednesday night and Thursday AM, a mix of clouds and sun Thursday afternoon, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Thursday night highs 62-68 lows near 45. Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Friday, a good (50%) chance of showers Friday night, a (40%) chance of showers Saturday, a (30%) chance of rain Saturday night, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Sunday, a (30%) chance of rain Sunday night, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday highs 63-60 lows near 45. (seasonal averages high 67 low 42)
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com