- Demand for Emergency Food Boxes Exceeds 1,000,000
Local food banks are seeing a record need for emergency food boxes this year. Food box distribution for the state exceeded one million for the first time ever. Cans of tuna and chili are the hot items flying off food bank shel…
- Free health clinic in Eugene on Saturday, Sunday
Lane County residents who lack health insurance and need free medical care can head for a volunteer-staffed clinic being run Saturday and Sunday in downtown Eugene. Health experts will offer everything from blood tests and pelvic exams to tooth extract…
- ODOT: EmX is OK on Sixth and Seventh avenues
After a review of traffic impacts, the Oregon Department of Transportation said Friday that it still supports Lane Transit District’s proposal to run a rapid-bus line to west Eugene along Sixth and Seventh avenues. The department found no substantial…
- Driver Crashes near Vida After Falling Asleep
Drowsy driving is to blame for a rollover crash on Highway 126 near Vida Friday afternoon. Oregon State Police say a woman was heading east when she fell asleep. OSP says her car veered off the road and ended up on its side. Troo…
- ‘Chop shop’ operator gets long prison term
A Lane County judge this morning sentenced a Eugene man to more than 27 years in prison for operating a “chop shop” on a rural property outside Cheshire. A jury convicted Dean Sanders, 40, of multiple counts of vehicle theft and possession of stole…
- Timber payments expire with no fix in sight
A federal law that has sent billions of dollars to schools and counties in timber country is expiring, and there is no clear picture of what lies ahead.
- Precious Pages
Over the past four centuries the King James Bible has influenced everyone from Shakespeare to Charles Schulz, has found its way into symphonies and rock and roll and has circled both the Earth and the moon. Now, Northwest Christian University is markin…
- Sudden Oak Death escapes Oregon quarantine area
The new infection site is over 6 miles north of a quarantine boundary established by state and federal officials to stop the spread of Sudden Oak Death infection outside of southwest Oregon.
- Willamette Valley Nominated for Wine Region of Year
Wine Enthusiast Magazine has nominated the Willamette Valley for best wine region of the year in the world. It’s up against some tough competition from Prosecco, Italy to Provence, France. But the area considered spans from so…
- New pet cemetery graces Eugene
A new pet cemetery will allow pet owners to be buried with their faithful friends side by side.
- Eugene Police Host Prevention Convention
The Eugene Police Department in conjunction with Oregon Community Credit Union, BIMART, and AAA Oregon, will hold Prevention Convention Saturday at Sheldon High School. Dozens of volunteers and the Crime Prevention Staff began set…
- City Approved Alton Baker Disc Golf Course
The city of Eugene approved a disc golf course in Alton Baker Park. The course designer says it will open around the first of the year and will be a pay-to-play venue. The city’s parks department is working to find a vendor who wi…
Tim Chuey Weather:
Watch the clouds increase along with the chances for rain. The first day of October will usher in real Fall weather.
High: 70 Low: 45 Chance of Rain: 50%
A ridge of high pressure (“Arch” shape on orange line) has moved out as a trough of low pressure (“U” shape moving in behind) sends moist cooler air our way. A frontal system is taking its time pushing through and will be followed by others proving that Autumn is really here.
Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this AM, a good (50%) chance of showers this afternoon and evening (0.10 in. of rain possible), a slight (20%) chance of showers late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a mix of clouds and sun in the AM, a slight (20%) chance of rain Sunday afternoon, a (40%) chance of rain in the evening, mostly rain likely (60%) late Sunday night and Monday AM, showers likely (60%) in the afternoon, then showers Monday night highs 67-70 cooling to 67 Monday lows 45-52. Mostly cloudy with showers Tuesday AM, rain Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday AM, showers likely (60%) Wednesday afternoon through Thursday evening, a good (50%) chance of showers late Thursday night and Friday AM, then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday afternoon highs 64-60 warming to 63 Friday lows near 48. (seasonal averages high 71 low 44)
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com