- Bus driver helps apprehend robbery suspect
Using public transit as a getaway vehicle turned out to be the undoing of a bank robbery suspect in downtown Eugene Friday afternoon. Eugene Police said they arrested Chris Hayson, 39, of Springfield after he allegedly robbed a teller at the US Bank br…
- Mapleton road washes out
Stagecoach Road between Swisshome and Highway 126 has washed out due to heavy rain and will be closed indefinitely, a Lane County official says. Minor flooding also is occurring along the Siuslaw River near Mapleton, with standing water in…
- City provides councilor with security after latest protest act
A chain-link fence has been put up in front of Eugene city Councilor George Poling’s house after a second political protest apparently occurred there sometime Thursday night. Poling said today that he “demanded” the city provide him with “safet…
- Police arrest two men in separate gang-linked shootings
Two men who claim to belong to rival street gangs are behind bars after police investigated a pair of unrelated cases of gun violence in the Trainsong Park area of west Eugene. One of the suspects, 18-year-old Daniel Sotelo of Cottage Grove, allegedly …
- Topless women in masks bang gong outside elected official’s home
The mayor met the press regarding protests outside the house of a Eugene City Council member.
- Rockslides disrupt Oregon roads
Rain sent rocks cascading down on road in Oregon’s Coast Range on Friday, sending road crews scrambling to clear a path for holiday weekend travelers.
- Eugene Man Warns About Survey Scam
A Eugene man wants people to know about a scam that making the rounds. He recently filled out a survey at Walmart, and then this week he received a text congratulating him for winning a $100 gift card and a $250 gift certificate from Walma…
- New Rule Exposes Airline Hidden Fees
Taxes and fees will soon be included in the price of an airline ticket on all advertising sites. It’s a new rule rolling out next month. The Transportation Department is now requiring airlines to include those fees in all adve…
- Abused Puppies Need Assistance for Surgeries
Lane County Animal Services (LCAS) is seeking donations to pay for surgeries officers say are needed for two abused puppies. The county is in the process of prosecuting the puppies’ owner. Both dogs had several bones that had …
- Young Millers survive toughest opponent
Finding a bright spot in the Springfield wrestling program might prove difficult this winter, yet the Millers are happy to have another season’s worth of competition. The school’s wrestling team — along with its cross country, boys and girls socc…
Tim Chuey Weather:
It’s nice to see more sunshine for your Saturday and dry too. New Year’s Day should be dry, but then the rain returns.
Rain: some sun.
The jet stream has positioned itself to send a strong fetch of moisture to the Pacific Northwest. A frontal system has spread even more rain over Oregon. The rain chance diminishes today and Sunday as weak high pressure slides in for a short visit. Another frontal system will move in to start off the first week of the New Year with even more rain. Mt. Ashland is closed today due to snow conditions. Hoodoo has been closed, but plans to be open today and Sunday with limited operations. Still not enough snow yet for Willamette Pass to open for skiing. Please check their web sites for the latest details and updates.
Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Patchy AM fog, a mix of clouds and sun this afternoon, mostly cloudy tonight (New Year’s Eve) and Sunday (New Year’s Day), mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain late Sunday night, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Monday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Monday night highs 39-48 lows 32-40. Cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Tuesday and Tuesday night, rain likely (60%) Wednesday, then a good (50%) chance of rain Wednesday night and Thursday, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Thursday night and Friday highs 48-52 cooling to near 45 Thursday lows 42-39. (seasonal averages high 45 low 34)
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com