Life In LC

Sorry Bucs, Coach Kelly is staying right here. (img courtesy 750thegame.com)

January 23 – Morning Headlines

in Firehose/News/Rotator

Headlines

Sorry Bucs, Coach Kelly is staying right here. (img courtesy 750thegame.com)
  • Confirmed: Kelly is staying at Oregon
    Oregon fans … you can now breathe. By holding your breath, you turned purple and, well, you know that’s not what you want to do. This has been confirmed by the general manager of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who were deep in the process of 
  • Creswell truck driver dies in six-vehicle crash in Idaho
    A truck driver from Creswell was killed and two others were hurt in an accident on U.S. 95 involving four large trucks and two smaller vehicles. James M. Mady, 49, of Creswell, died when a car driven by Zachary B. Henager of …
  • Father brings suit over care at hospital
    A Portland attorney has filed a lawsuit seeking $32.5 million on behalf of a woman whose father blames doctors at Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend in Springfield for failing to do enough to prevent his daughter from suffering permanent brain in…
  • Men’s, women’s tennis open season with wins
    Oregon’s men’s and women’s tennis team combined to go 3-0 in their spring season-opening slate of matches on Friday. The No. 72 men’s team swept a doubleheader from the Portland State and Montana State 7-0, 7-0, and the women…

Tim Chuey Weather:

Some sun and some rain for your Monday is what you can expect.

High: 55
Low: 34
Rain: 30%

An upper level low pressure trough (“U” shape on yellow line) moved through Oregon to be replaced briefly by a high pressure ridge (“U” shape on yellow line). A frontal system will roll into the Pacific Northwest bringing more rain. Heavy snowfalls from the latest storm have renewed hope that the ski season is back and here to stay. The workweek will see another storm system early followed by more storms later in the week. Mt. Ashland is open. Hoodoo is open (as usual closed Wednesdays). Willamette Pass is open on a limited basis. Please check the ski resort web sites for the latest details and updates as the new storms could improve the snowpack for skiing.

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with patchy AM fog with a (30%) chance of showers, partly cloudy this afternoon and  evening, a (30%) chance of rain late tonight, mostly cloudy with rain (0.35 in. of rain possible) Tuesday through Wednesday night highs 47-55 lows 34-46 cooling to 43 Wednesday night. Mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Thursday, partly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday, a (30%) chance of showers Friday night, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Saturday, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Sunday highs 52-47 lows 30-35. (seasonal averages high 48 low 35)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com

Latest from Firehose

0 $0.00
Go to Top