Life In LC

I'll have a venti heff carbonata with a twist.

January 24 – Morning Headlines

in Firehose/News/Rotator

Headlines

I'll have a venti heff carbonata with a twist...or is nothing sacred?
  • Santa Clara Boy Hit By Car While Waiting for Bus
    An elementary school-age kid was hit by a car while waiting for the bus around 8 o’clock Monday morning. It happened in a Santa Clara neighborhood. A young boy between the ages of 8 and 9 was standing out on the street corner of Lynnbrook and Tor…
  • Fire Damages Downtown Eugene Apartments
    A large plume of black smoke hovered over downtown Eugene after an apartment complex caught fire Monday morning. It happened just before noon at the Brookstone Apartments on 8th Avenue. When fire crews got to the scene, there were flames coming f…
  • Starbucks to Start Offering Alcohol
    Listen up, beer lovers — you may soon be able to get your suds in grande form at Starbucks. Starbucks said Monday that it would begin offering beer and wine at select locations in Atlanta and Southern California by the end of t…
  • Jury rules Eugene police officer violated activist’s rights
    A federal jury ruled Monday that a Eugene police sergeant used excessive force to arrest an environmental activist who videotaped their confrontation in front of a downtown bank in 2009. The jury awarded Josh Schlossberg a total of $5,583 in damages af…
  • Occupy Eugene protesters gather at downtown banks
    About 40 protesters, including 15 in masks, are taking part this afternoon in an Occupy Eugene “urban ninja” protest of corporate banks in downtown Eugene. Protesters first showed up at Chase Bank’s downtown branch and then at US Bank, prompting …
  • Eugene Gas Prices Go Up
    Gas prices have edged up a few cents over the past two weeks, despite a drop in crude oil prices. The average price of a gallon of regular is $3.39, according to the Lundberg Survey. The average price is 3.5 cents higher than what the s…
  • Lane County Nurses Say “No Strike”
    A group of Lane County nurses announced they will not go on strike. They’re part of the Oregon American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees Council 75. An agreement hasn’t been reached between the nurses and the co…

Tim Chuey Weather:

Hope you enjoyed the dry weather Monday. Your Tuesday will get wet and be the beginning of another very wet period.

High: 56
Low: 32
Rain: 1 – 1.6 inches



An upper level low pressure trough (“U” shape on yellow line) will move in following the high pressure ridge (“U” shape on yellow line) that brought us sunshine for Monday. Heavy snowfalls from the latest storm have renewed hope that the ski season is back and here to stay. Today into Wednesday we will see another frontal system followed by more storms later in the week that could bring enough rain to start the rivers to rise again and snow levels to rise. Mt. Ashland was closed today due to a power failure. Hoodoo is open (as usual closed Wednesdays). Willamette Pass is open Thursday through Sunday. Please check the ski resort web sites for the latest details and updates as the new storms could improve the snowpack for skiing.

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with rain, heavy at times (1 in. of rain possible) today and breezy (wind: S 15-25 mph), rain (0.60 in. of rain possible) tonight, rain (0.30 in. of rain possible Wednesday, 0.50 in. of rain possible Wednesday night) Wednesday through Thursday, then partly cloudy Thursday night highs 52-56 cooling to 49 Thursday lows 45-32. AM fog, a mix of clouds and sun Friday, partly cloudy Friday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Saturday, a (30%) chance of rain Saturday night and Sunday, a good (50%) chance of rain Sunday night and Monday highs 48-50 lows near 33. (seasonal averages high 48 low 35)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com

Latest from Firehose

0 $0.00
Go to Top