- Deadly crash kills one person near Junction City
Lane County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a head on collision that killed one person and injured another.
- Long time coming: Ducks win highest-scoring Rose Bowl ever
Oregon’s incredible offense busted up Wisconsin and the record books on the way to the Ducks’ first Rose Bowl victory in 95 years.
- Oregon court OK’s collecting PERS overpayments
The Oregon Supreme Court has ruled that the state’s pension system can collect $156 million in overpayments to retirees.
- Eugene Woman Stabbed in Bend During Eight Person Brawl
A Eugene woman is recovering from multiple stab wounds from an early morning fight in Bend. Laurel Caccivio is one of two people that were stabbed in the fight, along with two others injured in the brawl between eight people.
- New law requires in-car breathalyzers for all drunk driving offenders in Oregon
It’s a big step for Oregon in the new year to hopefully help reduce drunk driving deaths, as all drunk driving offenders in the state will now be required to…
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Emerald Valley Reopens Wednesday
The Westmoreland branch of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Emerald Valley will reopen full-time on Wednesday. In October, the club ran into funding issues and closed its doors. Since then, the executive director says they’ve res…
Tim Chuey Weather:
We’ll hardly feel the passage of the current frontal system and Tuesday and Tuesday night will be dry. Then more fronts approach the Pacific Northwest.
A frontal system will move into Oregon tonight bringing a little wet weather with it. A weak upper level high pressure ridge (“Arch” shape on yellow line) will form holding off the next storm for about a day. Another frontal system will be pushed in Wednesday by an upper level low (“U” shape on yellow line), so the first week of the New Year with see even more rain. Mt. Ashland is closed now until they get more snow. Hoodoo is officially open this week (closed Wednesday). Still not enough snow yet for Willamette Pass to open for skiing. Please check their web sites for the latest details and updates.
Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers this evening (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy tonight and Tuesday, cloudy Tuesday night, cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Wednesday AM, a good (50%) chance of rain Wednesday afternoon, rain Wednesday night, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Thursday (0.20 in. of rain possible), then a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday night lows 42-37 highs 49-52 cooling to near 45 Thursday. Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Friday and Friday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday and Saturday night, mostly cloudy Sunday and Sunday night, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Monday highs 46-48 lows 36-39. (seasonal averages high 46 low 34)
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com