Life In LC

February 7 – Morning Headlines

in Firehose/News/Rotator by


The Oregon GOP opens it's arms, and primary election to non-affilated voters. Good move?
  • Man in west Eugene shot by police officer
    A man was shot in west Eugene by a Eugene police officer Monday afternoon and taken to a local hospital with unknown injuries, police said. Officers were dispatched to a call regarding an armed and menacing subject at around 3:17 p.m., police said. The m…
  • Vehicle crashes snarl traffic on Coburg Road at Ferry Street Bridge
    Two multiple vehicle collisions snarled traffic on Coburg Road in both directions at the Ferry Street Bridge Monday, Eugene police said. Police, fire units and tow companies responded…
  • Geoff Hollister, an Axemen, Duck and Nike pioneer, dies at 66
    The running world lost one of its pioneers on Monday. Geoff Hollister, a graduate of South Eugene High School, a steeplechaser for coach Bill Bowerman at the University of Oregon, and Nike’s third official employee — behind Phil Knight and Steve Pr…
  • Fallen Tree Blocks River near McKenzie Bridge
    A large tree fell across the McKenzie River and the Forest Service is trying to figure out how to remove it.   The tree is four feet in diameter and is blocking passage below the McKenzie Bridge boat launch.   The McKenzie Ra…
  • Oregon GOP wants to open it primaries to non-affiliated voters
    Oregon Republicans have decided that their primary elections exclude too many non-affiliated voters. But the party’s attempt to cast a wider net may prove more complicated than it first seems. The Central Committee of the Oregon Republican …
  • Local Super Bowl DUII Arrests Increase from 2011
    The Springfield Police Department made more arrests this Super Bowl weekend than last year.   Between Friday and Sunday, the SPD made 11 arrests for driving under the influence.   That’s almost three times higher than in 2011 whe…
  • Oregon men’s golf places 12th at first spring tournament
    The Oregon men’s golf team kicked off the spring season with a 12th-place finish at the Amer Ari Invitational held at the Waikoloa King’s Course in Hawaii late last week. The Ducks beat out Pac-12 competitors Oregon State and Colorado in the 20-te…

Tim Chuey Weather:

Look for more clouds and a chance of getting wet today, but not very wet.

High: 57
Low: 33
Rain: 20%

high pressure ridge (“Arch” shape on the yellow line) is still dominating our weather pattern, but some weak storms will sneak by. A weak frontal system (still offshore) will quickly move through the Pacific Northwest today and fall apart as in spreads a little wetness over Oregon, then another frontal system will be bringing a chance of showers back later in the week.

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: A mix of clouds and sun this AM, becoming mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain this afternoon and evening, mostly cloudy tonight, a mix of clouds and sun Wednesday, partly cloudy with patchy fog late Wednesday night and Thursday AM, partly cloudy in the afternoon and Thursday night highs 48-57 lows 33-35. Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Friday, a (40%) chance of rain Friday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of rain Saturday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Saturday night through Sunday night, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Monday highs 54-50 lows near 35. (seasonal averages high 50 low 35)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather:

Kelly Asay is an entrepreneur, software developer and performing musician. As the publisher of Eugene Daily News, Asay is continually searching, finding and promoting the best unknown journalists, photographers and inspirational people from all over Lane County.

Latest from Firehose

Go to Top