- Eugene man pleads guilty to heroin charges but cleared in shooting, DA says
A southeast Eugene resident legally shot and killed a man who allegedly came to his home to rob him of drugs and cash, Lane County prosecutors said today. Meanwhile, Tyler Jon Norman — the shooter in the Feb. 2 incident on Stoney Ridge Road — plead…
- Federal dollars re-energize energy aid program
More people will get help paying winter heating bills thanks to an additional infusion of federal money for an energy assistance program coordinated by Lane County. The county says it will receive another $500,000 in funding for the Low Income Home Ene…
- Woman killed in Highway 101 crash involving Springfield driver
A woman was killed and a Springfield truck driver may have been injured in a crash on Highway 101 about three miles north of Gardiner this morning. The woman has not yet been identified pending notification of kin. Preliminary information …
- State settles wrongful death lawsuit for $1.5 million
A wrongful death lawsuit filed against the State of Oregon seeks $1.5 million for not preventing the torture and murder of a Eugene teen at the hands of her mother.
- County Requests Reconsideration of Parvin Butte Decision
Lane County maintains that a site review for mining operations at Parvin Butte is necessary given the impact to neighboring residents including increased traffic, noise, and proximity to area homes.
Tim Chuey Weather:
Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with AM showers likely (60%), a good (50%) chance of showers (0.10 in. of rain possible) this afternoon, a slight (20%) chance of showers late tonight, a slight (20%) chance of rain Friday (0.15 in. of rain possible), cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Friday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Saturday, then just mostly cloudy Saturday night highs 44-54 lows 32-39. Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Sunday, a (40%) chance of rain Sunday night, rain likely (60%) Monday, showers likely (60%) Monday night, then cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Tuesday through Wednesday highs 53-46 lows near 38. (seasonal averages high 54 low 36)
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com