- Eugene man faces DUII charge after crashing into ambulance near Florence
A Eugene man faces charges that include drunken-driving after he allegedly crashed his pickup into an ambulance while traveling Wednesday night on Highway 126 about six miles east of Florence. He sustained serious injuries that are not lif…
- Eugene police arrest suspect in deli, coffee shop robberies
Eugene police said they have arrested a man in connection with a string of recent deli robberies. The suspect, Jace Bernard Johnson, is being held in the Lane County Jail on four counts of second-degree robbery. Johnson, 32, is suspected of robbing Ric…
- Alarms in Dorena alert armed neighbors, not sheriff’s office
Dorena area neighbors are preparing to prevent crime – on their own – in the face of staff cuts at the Lane County sheriff’s Office.
- DeFazio plan would open up BLM forestland in Lane County to logging
Large swaths of federal Bureau of Land Management forestland in Lane County could once again become opened for intensive logging under the proposed management plan championed by members of Oregon’s congressional delegation. Draft maps released this w…
- LTD releases West Eugene EmX public opinion survey
Lane Transit District is touting new research about public opinion of the proposed West Eugene EmX bus rapid transit line expansion, as the project continues in the planning process.
- LTD considers fare hike
Bus fares would go up by a quarter under a proposed fare increase that will move to a public hearing in April. The Lane Transit District board voted this week to proceed to the next step in the process for the proposed fare increase. The first public h…
Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather is updated as it happens!
Tim Chuey Weather:
Rain: 30% chance
- trough of low pressure (“U” shape on the jet stream) is sliding southward and eastward pusing frontal systems our way. A frontal system pushed through Oregon and spread snow in the valleys and heavy snow that will continue to fall in the mountains and foothills. Another frontal system will be aimed at us Saturday bringing more rain. When the temperatures rise we’ll get rid of all of this snow, but that will also increase the flood potential from melting snow and falling rain. Another
Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Partly cloudy with a (30%) chance of evening showers, mostly cloudy with areas of fog and freezing fog late tonight and Friday AM, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers (under 0.10 in. of rain possible)Friday afternoon and Friday night with patchy fog late night and Saturday AM, a slight (20%) chance of morning showers, a (40%) chance of showers Saturday afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a good (50%) chance of showers Saturday night, showers likely (60%) Sunday, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Sunday night lows 28-39 cooling to 33 Sunday night highs 52-55. Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Monday and Monday night, mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Tuesday through Wednesday, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Wednesday night, then rain likely (60%) Thursday highs 52-55 lows near 38. (seasonal averages high 57 low 38)
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com