A wet day today for your Friday, but a beautifully bright weekend will follow.

________________

Here is my new weekly weather quiz question. What was the longest drought period ever for the Eugene-Springfield area? Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

Advisories: NONE AT THIS TIME.

________________

A weak high pressure ridge (“Arch” shape on yellow line) will be moving over and then away from the Pacific Northwest with a low pressure trough (“U” shape on the yellow line) pushing in behind it. That means we are back to a wet weather pattern. A frontal system is moving through as the high pressure ridge moves on. Another more complex storm system (shown offshore) will hit the coast toward the weekend continuing the chance for rain.

_________________

Here are your detailed forecasts.**

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with a (50%) chance of rain this AM, a slight (20%) chance of rain this afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), and evening, partly cloudy late tonight through Saturday night, a mix of clouds and sun Sunday, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday night highs 66-75 lows 46-50. Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Monday, a (30%) chance of showers Monday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) of showers Tuesday night, a (40%) chance of showers Wednesday and Wednesday night, then a mix of clouds and sun with a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday highs 64-57  lows 45-40. (seasonal averages high 62 low 40)

_______________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg:  Patchy fog this AM, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this AM,  just partly cloudy this afternoon and tonight, mostly cloudy Saturday AM, partly cloudy Saturday afternoon and night, mostly cloudy Sunday AM, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon, mostly cloudy with slight (20%) chance of evening thunderstorms, then a slight (20%) chance of showers late Sunday night highs 74-78 lows near 50. Mostly cloudy and cooler with a (40%) chance of rain and cooler Monday and Monday night, a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Tuesday night, mostly cloudy with a  (40%) chance of rain Wednesday and Wednesday night, then a (40%) chance of showers Thursday highs 59-63 cooling to 56 Wednesday lows 47-42. (seasonal averages high 63 low 43)

________________

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Patchy fog this AM, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this AM (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy in the afternoon, partly cloudy this evening, mostly cloudy tonight and Saturday AM, partly cloudy Saturday afternoon and evening, then mostly cloudy Saturday night and Sunday, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Sunday night highs near 60 lows 48-50. Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and cooler Monday, a (30%) chance of rain Monday night, a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday, a (40%) chance of showers Tuesday night, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Wednesday and Wednesday night, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday highs near 53 lows 47-42. (seasonal averages high 56 low 43).

_________________

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain this AM, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of rain this afternoon, just partly cloudy this evening, mostly cloudy tonight, a mix of clouds and sun Saturday AM, mostly sunny Saturday afternoon, partly cloudy Saturday night, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of  showers Sunday afternoon, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, then a good (50%) chance of showers late Sunday night snow level above 8,000 ft. today, free air freezing level 10,000 ft. tonight, 10,000 ft. rising to 11,000 ft. Saturday afternoon, 11,000 ft. rising to 12,000 ft. late Saturday night, then above 8,000 ft. Sunday and Sunday night highs 59-67 lows 40-44. Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Monday, a (40%) chance of showers Monday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday night, mostly cloudy with a  good (50%) chance of rain Wednesday and Wednesday night, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Thursday snow level 8,000 ft. Monday, 7,000 ft. Monday night, 6.500 ft. Tuesday through Wednesday, 7,000 ft. Wednesday night, then 5,500 ft. Thursday highs 60-45 lows 38-33.

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com.

________________

 

For more click to continue on to http://timchueyweather4u.com/blog

Default thumbnail
Previous Story

Springfield Police & OSP Troopers awarded for DUII enforcement work

Next Story

A Conversation with Jah Sun: Reggae, Hip-Hop, World Music

Latest from Headline Feed

0 $0.00