- Police arrest woman after she fires a handgun
A Springfield woman was arrested and charged with unlawful use of a weapon after shooting a handgun inside a home Wednesday night, police said. Anne Marie Fleshman, 46, was charged with unlawful use of a weapon — a felony — and the …
- Charges could be dismissed in case involving possible racism
Criminal charges are set to be dismissed in a case involving men who were arrested after a confrontation with police that stemmed from a Eugene bank employee’s report that the pair — who lived in an apartment across the street from the ba…
- County delays patrol cut
A budget shift will keep about a dozen sheriff’s deputies on patrol a few weeks longer but will only delay a hefty layoff brought on by a shrinking county budget. Lane County Sheriff Tom Turner planned to take 12 of his remaining 22 patrol deputies o…
- Springfield Police Look for Ticket Fraud Victims
Springfield police say they busted three ticket scammers — but they’re worried there are more victims out there. Back in December, investigators say someone bought some tickets to the Willamette Country Music Festival on Craigslis…
- McKenzie-Willamette Hospital employee arrested on forgery & theft charges
Invesitgation reveals $50,000 dollars missing from an account that funds operating and training expenses.
- Sweet Home H.S. coach charged with sexual abuse
Sweet Home High School’s athletic director has been arrested and charged with five counts of third-degree sexual abuse.
- Former Oregon State football coach Joe Avezzano dead at 68
Former Oregon State head football coach and Dallas Cowboys assistant Joe Avezzano has died. Cowboys spokesman Rich Dalrymple confirmed Thursday that Avezzano died in Italy.
- Salmon season opens, longest in years
Salmon fishermen will get to spend more time on the water this season than they have in at least six years, federal regulators announced Thursday. Whether they’ll actually bring in a sizable catch, though, is another story. Thanks to huge…
- Judge dismisses climate suit by young environmentalists
A judge today dismissed a lawsuit that two young environmental activists filed last May, seeking to force the state of Oregon and Gov. John Kitzhaber to take more stringent steps to protect the state’s atmosphere, water, land and wildlife from the im…
- Medical examiners and morgue eliminated from Lane County
Two deputy medical examiners, a number of part-time employees and the rental of the morgue area are all set to be eliminated from the department come May 19th.
- 4J Releases School Choice Numbers
Eugene 4J parents and parents outside the district had the opportunity to pick which school they want their student to attend this year. A change in state law means 4J will be accepting school choice requests from students from outside of their dist…
- Aaron Jones, Alex Keudell power No. 22 Oregon baseball past No. 5 UCLA
Oregon rightfielder Aaron Jones hit two home runs and starting pitcher Alex Keudell threw seven scoreless innings to lead the No. 22 Ducks to a 6-2 win over No. 5 UCLA in Southern California. Keudell improved to 4-3 and lowered his ERA to 1.87 with yet…
- Cuico leads Oregon softball to 8-5 victory over Stanford
Kaylan Howard and Kailee Cuico each hit home runs to lift the No. 17 Oregon softball team to an 8-5 victory over No. 14 Stanford Thursday night in Palo Alto, Calif. With the win, Oregon improved to 24-7 overall and 3-3 in Pac-12 play. Stanford dropped …
- Men’s tennis picks up victory at St. Mary’s, resumes Pac-12 play this weekend
The No. 62 Oregon men’s tennis team opened a weekend road trip with a 5-2 victory Thursday afternoon against the Saint Mary’s Gaels. After sweeping the opening doubles point, the Ducks took four of six singles matches to come away with the …
Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather is updated as it happens!
Tim Chuey Weather:
Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers this AM, a (%) chance of showers this afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this evening, partly cloudy at night and Saturday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Saturday night, a mix of clouds and sun Easter Sunday with a slight (20%) chance of rain, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Sunday night highs 52-60 lows 36-43. A mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of showers Monday, partly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Monday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Tuesday night, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Wednesday night and Thursday highs 60-65 cooling to 56 Wednesday lows near 40. (seasonal averages high 59 low 39)
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com