May 1 – Morning Headlines

//
Bonneville Power orders wind power producers to halt production...seems there is a surplus of energy...

Headlines

Bonneville Power orders wind power producers to halt production...seems there is a surplus of energy...
  • Judges rules against company’s bid for McKenzie River water
    A Veneta-based company’s bid to channel more than 21 million gallons of water a day from the McKenzie River for sale to south Lane County should be denied, a state administrative law judge has recommended. In his proposed ruling, the judge, Jim Han, …
  • Motorcyclist Dies After Crash Near Hwy 36
    Oregon State Police confirms a motorcyclist is dead after crashing near Junction City. The crash happened just around 9pm Saturday. Police say the motorcyclist lost control of his motorcycle on Dorsey lane just off of Highway 36. We are being …
  • Springfield sewer rates to rise
    Like their Eugene counterparts, Springfield residents and businesses this summer will likely pay more in sewer and storm water fees. Sewer and storm water rates for commercial and residential customers would rise 4 percent in Springfield, effective Jul…
  • Oregon acrobatics and tumbling repeats as national champions
    The Oregon acrobatics and tumbling team claimed its second straight National Collegiate Acrobatics and Tumbling Association National Championship this past weekend in Waco, Texas. In a rematch of last year’s title showdown, the Ducks (11-0) complete…

Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather is updated as it happens!

Tim Chuey Weather:

Look for lots of clouds and a chance of showers today through the week. Keep your fingers crossed. The weekend is looking bright and dry.

High: 67
Low: 40
Rain: showers

high pressure ridge (”Arch” shape on the yellow line) that held off storms is moving away to be followed by a trough of low pressure. A frontal system in combination with the trough of low pressure has returned us to wet weather. A couple of upper level disturbances will slide over us keeping the wet weather around.  Another frontal system will push through Oregon Wednesday with more showers. If rainy days and Mondays get you down, cheer up because so far the weekend forecast is for sunshine.

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers today (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a (30%) chance of evening showers, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) showers late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), AM clouds, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday afternoon, mostly cloudy with rain Wednesday night and Thursday AM, showers in the afternoon, then mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Thursday night highs 57-67 lows 40-45 cooling to 42 Thursday night. Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Friday and Friday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a (30%) chance of showers Saturday, mostly cloudy Saturday night, then just partly cloudy Sunday through Monday highs 57-66 lows 40-43. (seasonal averages high 64 low 41)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com

Previous Story

Ducks In the Draft

Default thumbnail
Next Story

Historical Society exploring move to Eugene Post Office

Latest from Firehose

0 $0.00