May 18 – Morning Headlines
- LTD approves fare increases
The Lane Transit District board has approved increases in cash bus fares and group pass fares. Changes in the cash fares will go into effect July 1. Changes in the price of group passes will go into effect on Jan. 2. The group pass rates are offered to…
- Man gets prison in botched robbery case
A man will serve nearly six years in prison for participating in the botched robbery of a heroin dealer in a southeast Eugene neighborhood. Earlier this afternoon, Darrin George Dubouch of Coburg was convicted in Lane County Circuit Court of second-deg…
- Oregon bans Native American school mascots
The vote Thursday gives Oregon some of the nation’s toughest restrictions on American Indian nicknames, mascots and logos.
- Three-year-old budget balanced, auditor saysThe city’s auditor presented stunning news Thursday night about the long-awaited, long-delayed budget document that allowed Oakridge’s finances to be decimated, a third of the city’s staff to be laid off and eventually led to the ous…
- Silent ride honors fallen cyclists
Dozens of cyclists silently took to the streets of Eugene on Wednesday night for an annual ride honoring cyclists killed on the roadways.
- Six-run first inning lifts Ducks to first-round win over Portland State
When Jessica Moore wasn’t exactly at her best physically, the Oregon offense was there to pick her up in a major way. The Ducks scored six runs in the bottom of the first inning and held off a late Portland State surge to claim a 7-3 victory in the …
- Men’s golf ends opening round of NCAA regional in fifth place
The No. 7 Oregon men’s golf team got off to a solid, if unspectacular, start in the opening round of the NCAA Central Regional on Thursday, finishing the day in fifth place overall. The Ducks shot a four-over 288 as a team on the day, just one s…
Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather is updated as it happens!
Tim Chuey Weather:
Forecast: Partly Cloudy
Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Partly cloudy with scattered frost in outlying early this AM, partly cloudy this afternoon through Saturday night, a mix of clouds and sun Sunday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday night highs 65-75 lows 36-50. Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Monday and Monday night, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Tuesday, a (30%) chance of showers Tuesday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday and Wednesday night, then a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of rain Thursday highs 67-62 warming to 66 Thursday lows 49-45. (seasonal averages high 68 low 44)
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com