June 19 – Morning Headlines
- Khalsa, 4 others told to repay
Kartar Singh Khalsa and four other executives who wrongfully assumed 90 percent ownership in Eugene food company Golden Temple in a 2007 restructuring must return more than $36 million to a court-appointed receiver, according to a court order. Golden T…
- Firefighters Battle Fire At Auto Shop
Springfield – Fire consumed part of a Springfield auto shop Monday evening. Springfield and Eugene fire crews responded to smoke and flames inside Dawg Automotive on Main Street, at about 6:30 p.m. Firefighters forced entry because the business was a…
- Fire Shuts Down Willamette Street
A massive response to a major fire in a residence and antique store shut down Willamette and 12th Avenue. You could feel the heat and smell the smoke from blocks away as droves of bystanders stopped what they were doing to watch 30 fir… more…
- Officials: Court won’t derail Oregon health law
Gov. John Kitzhaber’s ambitious overhaul of Oregon’s Medicaid system will continue even if the U.S. Supreme court strikes down President Barack Obama’s health overhaul.
- Red Dodge Caravan linked to robbery in Creswell
Police said Monday that they are now seeking a 1999 or 2000 Dodge Caravan in an “inferno red” color in connection with an armed robbery of the Siuslaw Valley Bank here on the morning of June 8. The Lane County Sheriff’s Office asked …
- Shorebird habitat expanded
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service announced Monday that it will step up the amount of West Coast habitat that is designated as “critical habitat” to protect the threatened Western snowy plover, a shorebird that was added to the Endangered Species …
Keep Current: - EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather
Tim Chuey Weather:
Forecast: chance of showers
A high pressure ridge (“Arch” shape on orange line) has moved past us now. A weak frontal system slid by bringing more clouds and just the slightest chance of showers Sunday night and a better chance of rain today as an upper level low (“U” shape on orange line) moves in. Summer officially begins with the Summer Solstice at 4:09 PM PDT tomorrow. It looks like a closed (not in the main jet stream circulation) upper level low will move closer to Oregon bringing clouds and a slight chance of showers ahead of it and pushing a frontal systemthrough Thursday continuing the chance of showers even into the weekend and the Olympic Trials.
Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of AM showers, partly cloudy this afternoon and tonight, mostly sunny Wednesday, mostly clear Wednesday night, mostly sunny Thursday, then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Thursday night highs 70-78 lows 44-53. A mix of clouds and sun Friday with a slight (20%) chance of showers AM showers and a (40%) chance of showers Friday afternoon, partly cloudy in the evening and mostly cloudy late Friday night with a (40%) chance of showers, a mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of showers Saturday, partly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Saturday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of showers Sunday AM, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday afternoon, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers at night, then a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday highs 67-74 lows near 50. (seasonal averages high 74 low 48)
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com