June 25 – Morning Headlines
- EWEB’s high-tech meters on hold
The Eugene Water & Electric Board meters that now hang on the side of your house will remain dumb old analog models — at least for 2½ additional years. The smart meter technology roll-out, originally scheduled for the coming year, has been delay
- Oakridge HS Baseball Coach Arrested for Sex Abuse
- 4 Dead in plane crash in Elmira
Plane with four people on board crashes near Suttle Road
- AAA: Average price of gasoline in Oregon $3.77
- Near-tragedy brings two men together in friendship
When the finals in the men’s shot put begin today at the U.S. Olympic Track & Field Trials, event volunteer Jason Pompel knows who he wants to win. A guy who nearly killed him. In June 2001, the USA Track & Field Championships were at Hayward
- Dock likely just start of invasive species-carrying debris wave
The arrival of a Japanese dock on Agate Beach in Newport earlier this month “can be considered a wake-up call,” according to Jessica Miller, an Oregon State University marine ecologist. The dock was confirmed to be debris from the tsunami that stru…
- An eye for sheep
Kate the border collie was definitely a star of the show Sunday as the annual Black Sheep Gathering wound down its three-day run at the Lane Events Center, wowing the crowd as she demonstrated her breed’s renowned ability to herd sheep — whether a ..
- Interactive Panorama: Olympic Trials Day 3
The third day of 2012 U.S. Olympic Trials saw 21 athletes added to the roster of the United States Olympic Track & Field team. The Emerald’s photo team, including myself, were speckled all throughout Hayward Field covering the seven finals that to…
- Justin Gatlin forges path to redemption with 100-meter victory
The former Olympic gold medalist qualified to run in London after missing the ’08 games due to a failed drug test.
- Jenn Suhr, Marquise Goodwin, Reese Hoffa on their way to London
Competition got underway early on the third day of the U.S. Olympic Trials with the entire field in the women’s pole vault competition in the final round after rain forced the cancellation of the preliminary round on Friday.
Keep Current: - EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather
Tim Chuey Weather:
An upper level low is siting off the Oregon coast spinning showers toward us from the South producing some pretty serious rainfalls. A frontal system will approach the Pacific Northwest about midweek, weak high pressure will take over after that, then another frontal system returns more clouds and the chance for showers on Friday. The pollen count will stay high enough when the showers taper off to bother those athletes who are allergic. So far, at least, we don’t have smoke from wildfires or grass field burning as we did during the previous Olympic Trials held here.
Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this AM, showers likely (60%) with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms this afternoon and evening (0.10 in. of rain possible, more in storms, small hail possible), mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible), a mix of clouds and sun Tuesday with a good (50%) chance of AM showers, a slight (20%) chance of showers in the afternoon, partly cloudy with patchy fog late Tuesday night and Wednesday AM, mostly sunny Wednesday afternoon, then partly cloudy Wednesday night highs 67-77 lows 48-44 warming to near 50 Wednesday night. A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday afternoon, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers in the evening, a (30%) of showers late Thursday night through Saturday night, then a mix of clouds and sun with a (30%) chance of showers Sunday highs 75-72 lows 55-52. (seasonal averages high 76 low 49)
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com