June 4 – Morning Headlines

//
Springfield street repair fund too small to matter?

Headlines

Springfield street repair fund too small to matter?
  • County wants to give Goshen a makeover
    Lane County wants to turn more than 300 acres of rough rural-industrial land in the small community of Goshen into a tidy, attractive business park in hopes of creating a clean and convenient nexus for a new generation of manufacturers and the jobs the… more…
  • Gas Prices Drop
    Is relief at the pump finally in sight? This weekend, gas prices dropped below $4.00 a gallon. The average price for a gallon of gas in Oregon is hovering around $4.24. In Eugene, the average is $4.29. Stations like G…more…
  • Habitat for Humanity celebrates a new family home in Eugene
    A local mother and her two children will soon own a home of their own; they celebrated breaking ground on the site Sunday. more…
  • Eugene has new website, logo
    The city of Eugene has revamped its website and created a new municipal logo. The city hopes the new site is easier for users to navigate, said Johnny Medlin, the city’s parks manager and the lead manager on the web revamp. The logo, first unveiled o… more…

Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather is updated as it happens!

Tim Chuey Weather:

The new workweek has started off cloudy and wet and it looks like the rest of the week will be much of the same.

High: 65
Low: 40
Forecast: Rain

The high pressure that was over us is gone now and a  trough of low pressure (“U”shape) has moved closer to Oregon and a frontal system moved through returning the chance of showers. At least a slight chance of precipitation will continue through most of the workweek as another frontal system moves in Wednesday.
The pollen count for the Eugene-Springfield area is:
Trees-Moderate (25)
Grass-High (149)
Data from Oregon Allergy Associates www.oregonallergyassociates.com.
Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:  Mostly cloudy with rain this AM, increasing showers this afternoon (0.25 in. of rain possible), widespread evening showers, showers likely tonight (0.15 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Tuesday (0.10 in. of rain possible), partly cloudy with a (40%) chance showers Tuesday evening, partly cloudy late Tuesday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday AM, a mix of clouds and sun in the afternoon, becoming mostly cloudy in the evening, then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of sprinkles Wednesday night highs 65-62 warming to 66 Wednesday lows 44-40 warming to 45 Wednesday night. A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of rain Thursday afternoon, partly cloudy in the evening, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Thursday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a (30%) chance of AM rain Friday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Friday  afternoon, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Friday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday night, then a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday highs 64-70 cooling to 64 Saturday lows 47-43. (seasonal averages high 70 low 46)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com

Previous Story

Local Lunch Gals: Rye

Default thumbnail
Next Story

Man arrested on sex abuse charges at popular coast attraction

Latest from Firehose

Walk, Don’t Run.

With COVID-19 restrictions, including wearing a face covering and self-distancing, exercising in public might not be