August 6 – Morning Headlines
- Father ordered to pay damages
A judge has ordered a Eugene man to pay his adult son $400,000 in damages for jabbing him in the eye with a pistol during a fight at a Douglas County campground. Doctors were unable to save Levi Cheney’s left eye after the July 2009 incident. Lane Co…
- Eugene city councilor proposes EWEB’s riverfront headquarters as new City Hall
Eugene’s leaders soon will depart City Hall and temporarily move in with county relatives. While the mayor, City Council and city manager could rent space in the Lane County Public Service Building for up to five years, the city’s top officials wan…
- Springfield Police seek witnesses in parking lot shooting
Springfield Police are searching for two men after another man was shot in the leg early Saturday morning.
- Dog Rescued From Hot Car
A tiny Chihuahua was saved from a hot car all thanks to a good samaritan. Animal services responded to a call of a trapped dog at the Valley River Center parking lot Saturday afternoon. Workers at the Greenhill Humane Soci…
- Baby Left In Car On Hot Day
An 11-month old baby is doing fine after being rescued by Eugene Police from a hot car. A bystander made the call to police officers around 12:30 p.m. Saturday afternoon that a child had been left unattended in a car for n..
- New Rogue River Map Released
Rogue River enthusiasts have a new tool to help navigate them down the Southern Oregon waterway. The Rogue River Water Trail Map is now available to river goers. It’s the first of its kind for the Rogue River and covers the section bet…
- Hundreds who work for Northwest Community Credit Union help clean up local park
Hundreds of employees with Northwest Community Credit Union rolled up their sleeves Saturday and got down in the dirt at Alton Baker Park.
- Sustainability & green living leaders show off projects in Green Neighbors Tour
Inspiring Eugene and Springfield residents to go green on any kind of budget, a special summer bike tour series has returned, giving anyone an inside look at what some local…
- Blackberry Bramble celebrates growing cycling population in Eugene
In the thick of the summer heat and the hottest weekend so far in Oregon, celebration on Sunday of two things you’ll likely find a lot of on the roadside..
- Olympic men’s basketball: United States set to face Argentina
Argentina features NBA stars Manu Ginobili and Luis Scola, who lost one game to France in pool play.
- Portland Timbers snap losing streak with 1-1 draw against Dallas
Jack Jewsbury scores for the Timbers to end three-game goalless streak.
- Former Duck Galen Rupp claims silver in 10k at London Olympics
The former Oregon standout finished half a second behind his training partner, Mo Farah of England.
Keep Current: - EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather
Tim Chuey Weather:
Advisories: A RED FLAG WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM TODAY FOR ABUNDANT LIGHTNING WITH DRY FUELS FOR THE NORTH CASCADES OF OREGON, THE SOUTH CASCADES OF OREGON, SWINGING WEST THROUGH CRATER LAKE TO CAVE JUNCTION AND ALONG THE OREGON-CALIFORNIA BORDER. BE AWARE OF AREAS THAT ARE OPEN FIRE RESTRICTED AND BE ESPECIALLY CAREFUL WITH SMOKING MATERIALS.
An upper air trough of low pressure (“U” shape made of black lines with blue shading) will be bringing us enough marine air to cool our high temperatures down to more comfortable levels.
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com