A wet day today, then the sunshine returns midweek.

________________

 

Here is my new weekly weather quiz question. How many “active” volcanoes are there in the world? Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count.

 

________________

 

Advisories:  NONE AT THIS TIME.

________________

 

The Jet Stream airflow will continue to send the storm track our way producing more rain. A frontal system will bring rain today, then things will dry out for a couple of days as high pressure at the surface (shown as blue “H”) and high pressure aloft combine to clear out the clouds for a while. By the end of the week a frontal system will move in returning the clouds and the chance of rain.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Cloudy with showers this AM, a good (50%) chance of showers this afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), partly cloudy and colder with patchy fog late Tuesday night and Wednesday AM, mostly sunny in the afternoon, partly cloudy with patchy fog Wednesday night and Thursday AM, mostly sunny in the afternoon, then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Thursday night highs 60-65 lows 38-45. Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Friday, a (30%) chance of rain Friday night, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Saturday through Sunday, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Sunday night and Monday highs 64-58 lows 44-38. (seasonal averages high 64 low 41)

_______________

 

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg:  Mostly cloudy with showers this AM, scattered showers this afternoon (0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with patchy fog late tonight and Wednesday AM, mostly sunny Wednesday afternoon, mostly clear with patchy fog late Wednesday night and Thursday AM, sunny in the afternoon, then partly cloudy Thursday night lows 40-38 warming to 45 Thursday night highs 63-72. Mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Friday, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Friday night through Monday highs 70-44 lows 52-44. (seasonal averages high 66 low 45)

 

_________________

 

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Cloudy with showers this AM, coastal isolated showers this afternoon with scattered showers this afternoon inland (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), partly cloudy in the evening, mostly cloudy and colder with patchy fog late tonight and Wednesday AM, mostly sunny in the afternoon, mostly clear with patchy fog late Wednesday night and Thursday AM, sunny in the afternoon, then partly cloudy late Thursday night lows 45-52 highs 60-64. Mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Friday, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Friday night through Monday highs 60-54 lows 53-47. (seasonal averages high 61 low 46)

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Mostly cloudy with showers today (0.25 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, partly cloudy and colder late Tuesday night, partly cloudy Wednesday AM, mostly sunny and just a bit warmer in the afternoon, partly cloudy Wednesday night, mostly sunny Thursday, then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain late Thursday night snow level 7,500 ft. today, 6,500 ft. tonight, free air freezing level 10,000 ft. Wednesday, 12,000 ft. Wednesday night, 13,000 ft. Thursday, then snow level above 8,000 ft. Thursday night lows 32-40 highs 44-60. Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Friday and Friday night, a (30%) chance of rain Saturday and Saturday night, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow Sunday, a (40%) chance of rain and snow Sunday night, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and snow Monday  snow level above 8,000 ft. Friday and Friday night, 7,000 ft. Saturday, 6,500 ft. Saturday night, 4,500 ft. Sunday, 4,000 ft. Sunday night, then 3,000 ft. Monday highs 53-42 lows 30-32.

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

 

________________

 

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com

 

______________

For more click to continue on to http://timchueyweather4u.com/blog

Default thumbnail
Previous Story

Bergsma, Ducks capitalize

Next Story

Lane County's Voter Registration Deadline

Latest from Headline Feed

Default thumbnail

Bald Eagle Count

01/18/2020 to

01/18/2020

-
All bird enthusiast, new and experienced, are welcome to join

0 $0.00