My husband and I came up with this recipe on a Sunday morning after the sad realization that we had no eggs and bacon in the fridge. We gathered all of the ingredients we had left in our fridge and in our fruit basket and decided to make a smoothie. The result was absolute deliciousness!
This recipe has a ton of nutrients and good fats to last you until lunch time. Avocados are a great addition to smoothies; they contain Folic Acid, Vitamin E, K, B5, B6, Potassium, and monounsaturated fats that help increase the HDL, good cholesterol, levels in the bloodstream.
• 2 Cucumbers
• 1 Pear
• 2 Avocados
• 2 cups of frozen blueberries
• 1 cup of raw cream, if dairy intolerant you can replace the cream with coconut milk or just make extra cucumber and pear juice. You will probably have to double the juice recipe.
1. Wash all the produce.
2. De-seed the avocados and pears.
3. Juice the cucumbers and the pear.
4. In a blender, add the fresh pear and cucumber juice, frozen blueberries, avocados, and raw cream, and blend until uniform smooth texture.
5. Drink immediately.
6. Pofta Buna!
We often pick up fruits and vegetables from the reduced sale box at both Capella and Sundance. At home we try to combine the veggies and fruits we have for delicious juices and smoothies. The cucumbers we used that day cost us a dollar and the pear fifty cents. Find out if your local grocery store has reduced sale box or suggest to them to start one. It helps if you are on a budget!
Prep Time: 5 min.