Today and Thursday, two more days of sunshine, so get out and enjoy them. The rain chance starts Friday and will continue into next week.

________________

 

Here is my weekly weather quiz question. How long can a lightning bolt be? Please give your answer in miles. Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

 

________________

 

Advisories:  NONE AT THIS TIME.

________________

 

A  high pressure ridge (Shaded “Arch” shape with blue arrows) continues to be centered over the Pacific Northwest. An upper level low (see first graphic- shaded area) sitting off the Oregon-California coasts will move inland late in the week into the weekend and will increase the clouds and the chance of rain too.

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly clear tonight, partly cloudy in the AM, sunny Wednesday, clear in the evening, partly cloudy Wednesday night and Thursday AM, mostly sunny Thursday afternoon, partly cloudy at night, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Friday and Friday night lows 40-49 highs 72-60. Mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Saturday, a (40%) chance of rain Saturday night, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Sunday, rain likely (60%) Sunday night, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Monday, rain likely (60%) Monday night, then cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Tuesday highs 62-67 lows 49-45. (seasonal averages high 68 low 42)

 

_______________

 

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg:  Mostly clear with patchy fog late tonight, mostly cloudy with patchy AM fog, sunny Wednesday afternoon, partly cloudy with patchy fog Wednesday night and Thursday AM, partly cloudy in the afternoon, partly cloudy with patchy fog late Thursday night and Friday AM, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Friday and Friday night lows 40-50 highs 72-64. Mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Saturday, a (40%) chance of rain Saturday night and Sunday, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Sunday night, rain likely (60%) Monday, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Monday night and Tuesday highs 64-67 cooling to 64 Monday warming to 67 Tuesday lows  49-45 (seasonal averages high 70 low 46)

 

_________________

 

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Mostly clear this evening, mostly cloudy with patchy fog late tonight and Wednesday AM, sunny Wednesday afternoon, partly cloudy in the evening, mostly cloudy with patchy coastal fog late Wednesday night and Thursday AM, partly cloudy Thursday afternoon and evening, mostly cloudy with patchy coastal fog late Thursday night and Friday AM, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Friday and Friday night lows 43-47 highs near 58. Mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Saturday, a good (50%) chance of rain Saturday night and Sunday, cloudy with rain likely (60%) Sunday night through Monday night, then a good (50%) chance of rain Tuesday highs 59-62 cooling to 57 Tuesday lows 52-48. (seasonal averages high 62 low 47)

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Clear tonight, sunny Wednesday, mostly clear at night, mostly sunny Thursday, partly cloudy Thursday night, mostly cloudy and breezy with a good (50%) chance of rain Friday and Friday night free air freezing level 11,000 ft. tonight, 12,000 ft. Wednesday night through Thursday night, then snow level above 8,000 ft. Friday and Friday night lows 38-40 highs 65-55. Mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Saturday, a (40%) chance of rain Saturday night, a good (50%) chance of rain Sunday, rain likely (60%) Sunday night, mostly cloudy a good (50%) chance of rain Monday, then cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Monday night and Tuesday snow level above 8,000 ft. Saturday through Tuesday highs 52-55 cooling to 53 Monday warming to 55 Tuesday lows 40-37.

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

 

________________

 

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com

 

______________

For more click to continue on to http://timchueyweather4u.com/blog

Previous Story

Out of the Darkness: Hope for Suicide Prevention

Default thumbnail
Next Story

DeFazio to register student voters on campus

Latest from Headline Feed

0 $0.00