Sorry, but there will be only one more day without the chance of rain. Friday has changed into the return of precipitation day.

______________

 

Here are your preliminary College Football Forecasts for Saturday.

Ducks vs. Stanford at Autzen Stadium: Kickoff 5:00 PM Mostly cloudy with rain 56 cooling to the upper 40s toward the end of the game. Rain gear definitely needed. It never rains in Autzen Stadium?

Beavers vs. California at Reser Stadium: Kickoff 7:30 PM Mostly cloudy with rain 55 cooling to the upper 40s toward the end of the game. Rain gear definitely needed.

 

________________

 

Here is my weekly weather quiz question. What is the difference between a “dormant” volcano and an “extinct” volcano? Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

 

________________

 

There has been a break from the chance of showers with high pressure (shaded “Arch” shape centered at the coast) taking over, but that will end Friday. Another frontal system (the first in a series of storms will push through for the weekend as upper low pressure takes over increasing the rain chances again.

 

________________

 

Advisories: NONE AT THIS TIME.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with widespread fog late tonight and Thursday AM, partly cloudy with patchy fog Thursday afternoon, partly cloudy in the evening, mostly cloudy Thursday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, a (30%) chance of afternoon showers Friday, cloudy with a good (50%) chance showers at night, then mostly cloudy with rain Saturday and Saturday night lows 40-48 cooling to 43 Saturday night highs 54-58. Mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Sunday, rain Sunday night and Monday, rain likely (60%) Monday night, then mostly cloudy with rain Tuesday through Wednesday highs 54-57 lows 45-48. (seasonal averages high 53 low 38)

_______________

 

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Partly cloudy with areas of fog late tonight and Thursday AM, partly cloudy Thursday afternoon, mostly cloudy Thursday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday, a (30%) of showers Friday night, rain Saturday and Saturday evening, then rain likely (60%) Saturday night lows 40-46 cooling to 42 Saturday night highs 59-56. Mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Sunday, showers at night, rain Monday through Tuesday, rain likely (60%) Tuesday night, then mostly cloudy with rain Wednesday highs 52-56 lows 44-47 cooling to 45 Tuesday night. (seasonal averages high 54 low 41)

 

_________________

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Partly cloudy  with areas of fog inland late tonight and Thursday AM, partly cloudy in the afternoon, mostly cloudy Thursday night, a (40%) chance of showers Friday, a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, breezy with a (40%) of showers Friday night, rain and breezy Saturday, evening rain, then rain likely Saturday night lows 40-45 cooling to near 40 Saturday night highs 59-55 cooling to 52 Saturday. Mostly cloudy with rain Sunday, rain and breezy Sunday night through Monday night, then mostly cloudy with rain Tuesday through Wednesday lows 48-52 highs 53-58 cooling to 53 Wednesday. (seasonal averages high 55 low 43)

_______________

 

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Partly cloudy tonight through Thursday evening, mostly cloudy Thursday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers,  a (30%) chance of showers Friday afternoon, cloudy and breezy (wind: SW 10-15 mph gusts to 30 mph increasing to S 15-25 mph gusts to 45 mph late Friday night) Friday night, rain likely (60%) and breezy Saturday, then rain and snow Saturday night free air freezing level 7,000 ft. tonight, 8,000 ft. Thursday and Thursday night, snow level 6,000 ft. Friday, 6,500 ft. Friday night, 6,000 ft. Saturday, then 4,500 ft. Saturday night lows 32-36 cooling to 29 Saturday night highs 45-42. Mostly cloudy with rain and snow likely (70%) Sunday, rain and snow Sunday night, rain and snow Monday, rain Monday night through Tuesday night, then mostly cloudy with rain and snow Wednesday snow level 4,000 ft. Sunday, 4,500 ft. Sunday night, 6,000 ft. Monday, 7,000 ft. Monday night, 6,500 ft. Tuesday, 6,000 ft. Tuesday night, then  5,500 ft. Wednesday highs 39-44 cooling to near 40 Wednesday lows near near 32.

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

 

________________

 

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com

 

______________

For more click to continue on to http://timchueyweather4u.com/blog

Previous Story

Player Profiles: Tony Woods

Default thumbnail
Next Story

New at the museum

Latest from Headline Feed

0 $0.00