Life In LC

A man involved in Eugene’s first known gang murder and regarded by police as a prison gang leader, faces a federal charge of being a felon in possession of a firearm. Flynn on right.

December 6 – Morning Headlines

in Firehose/News/Rotator

Morning Headlines

A man involved in Eugene’s first known gang murder and regarded by police as a prison gang leader, faces a federal charge of being a felon in possession of a firearm. (on the right)
  • Reputed gang boss faces gun charge in Eugene
    A man involved in Eugene’s first known gang murder and regarded by police as a prison gang leader, faces a federal charge of being a felon in possession of a firearm. Beau Heleman Flynn, 34, was charged Monday in Eugene federal court. He is scheduled…
  • Jury deliberating Eugene truck crash case
    Jury deliberations will resume this morning in the attempted murder trial of Francisco Mario Ochoa, accused of deliberately running down his estranged wife’s fitness trainer, then crashing his pickup truck into his wife’s car seconds after she hopp…
  • Court cases could slam state budget
    Two lawsuits challenging Oregon tax law have the potential to blow a big hole in the state budget. One suit targets Measure 67 and could open the door for some corporations to erase or reduce their higher tax bills from the three-year-old bal…
  • Injured Lane County deputy, wife to be flown to U.S.
    Lane County Sheriff’s deputy Drew Wattier, who was seriously injured in a hit-and-run accident in Los Cabos, Mexico, on Friday, was cleared for air medical transport to a trauma center in San Diego on Wednesday, the sheriff’s office said. Wattier
  • Eugene police investigating fire at construction site as possible arson
    Arson investigators have been called in to probe a fire that destroyed a home under construction in southwest Eugene early Wednesday morning. A spokeswoman for the Eugene Police Department said the cause of the fire appears to be suspicious and police …
  • Public asked to weigh in on three final Eugene City Hall options
    Eugene City Council is getting very close to a final decision about the future of City Hall, but before making their minds up, councilors are turning to the public to…
  • Nonprofit group mobbed with gifts
    Julianne Harris, director of development at The Arc Lane County, was clearly feeling more than joyful about the pile of trash bags full of used clothing that kept growing and growing inside the agency’s front door. “I’ve never had a day like this…
  • Doorbell for dogs: ‘It’s easy to train, easy to install’
    A Eugene inventor said he’s come up with an idea that can help dogs let their owners know when they want to go outside.

Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather

Tim Chuey Weather:

[gn_note color=#eee][/gn_note]

We’re still looking at some wet weather today, but it will start drying out a bit soon.

An upper level trough of low pressure (shaded “U”shape in blue arrows) pushed subtropical moisture (see the long shaded area from south west to northeast) into the Pacific Northwest that is coming from Hawaii (called the “Pineapple Express”). That is why our temperatures have stayed well above normal. A frontal system, the last in this series, has brought even more rain with it and now that the cold front has pushed through we’ll see colder drier air take over and some well deserved sunshine. Here is a look at a Frontal system that will move in between late Sunday and Monday. Mt. Ashland says they will open today. Hoodoo is really close to opening and Willamette Pass is still waiting for quite a bit more snow.

[gn_spoiler title=”ADVISORIES” open=”0″ style=”1″]A FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES TO BE IN EFFECT FOR THE COQUILLE RIVER AT COQUILLE IN COOS COUNTY. FOR MORE DETAILS GO TO THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FLOOD WARNING PAGE.[/gn_spoiler]

High: 48
Low: 32
Forecast: Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers (0.25 in. of rain possible) today, showers tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible) and Friday (0.15 in. of rain possible), a good (50%) chance of showers Friday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible) and Saturday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Saturday night highs 48-44 lows 36-32. A mix of clouds and sun with a (30%) chance of rain Sunday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Sunday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Monday and Monday night, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Tuesday through Wednesday highs near 45 lows 33-38. (seasonal averages high 47 low 35)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com

Featured Artist – Benefit for Autism

When the weather forecast is bad and the news is bad, there is always music. “The COlor of Music” is an album of exceptional local Eugene talent and the proceeds go to benefit the Kindtree Autism Rocks charity. Support Autism, the arts, and a bright spot in your day.

Latest from Firehose

0 $0.00
Go to Top