We still have a good chance of showers tonight, but tomorrow the sun will return for a single day show. Tuesday it’s back to rain or showers.

________________

 

No winner this week. Here is my weekly weather quiz question for the last time. What is a “Wasatch Wind?” Here is the correct answer. A “Wasatch Wind” is a strong easterly wind blowing out of the mouths of the canyons of the Wasatch Mountains onto the plains of Utah. It is also called a canyon wind. I’ll have a new weekly weather quiz question for you starting next Monday. Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count.

 

________________

The  upper air flow is moving from the northwest as a high pressure ridge (Shaded “Arch shape”) has formed over the Gulf of Alaska. A warm front (see red line with semicircle on it) that is shown moving in and the following cold front will fall apart as it slides in. Another cold front will move in early next week increasing the chance of rain again. For skiers Mt. Ashland and Hoodoo are open and Willamette Pass is still waiting for quite a bit more snow before they can open.

 

________________

 

Advisories: NONE AT THIS TIME.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with patchy AM fog Monday, a mix of clouds and sun in the afternoon, partly cloudy with patchy fog late Monday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of AM rain, becoming mostly cloudy with rain (under 0.10 in. of rain possible) likely (60%) Tuesday afternoon, evening rain, showers (0.25 in. of rain possible) late Tuesday night, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Wednesday, then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday night lows 40-35 highs 50-44. A mix of clouds and sun Thursday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Thursday night through Friday night, mostly cloudy with rain likely (70%) Saturday through Sunday highs near 46 lows 34-39. (seasonal averages high 46 low 34)

_______________

 

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance rain this evening, patchy fog and a slight (20%) chance of showers (under 0.10 in. of rain possible) late tonight, patchy fog Monday AM, partly cloudy in the afternoon, partly cloudy with areas of fog late Monday night and Tuesday AM with a slight (20%) chance of AM rain, mostly cloudy with patchy lingering fog and a good (50%) chance of rain (0.20 in. of rain possible) likely (60%) in the afternoon, evening rain, showers (0.30 in. of rain possible) late Tuesday night, rain and snow showers likely (60%) Wednesday AM, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers in the afternoon, then just mostly cloudy Wednesday night lows 42-35 highs 52-44. Mostly cloudy Thursday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Thursday night, rain likely (60%) Friday, a good (50%) chance of rain Friday night, then mostly cloudy with rain and snow likely (70%) Saturday, rain and snow showers Saturday night, then rain and snow likely (60%) Sunday highs 45-49 cooling to 45 Sunday lows 36-40. (seasonal averages high 48 low 37)

 

_________________

 

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain this evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), partly cloudy Monday, partly cloudy with areas of fog late Monday night and Tuesday AM with a slight (20%) chance of AM coastal rain, afternoon (under 0.20 in. of rain possible) and evening rain, showers late Tuesday night (under 0.30 in. of rain possible), showers likely (60%) Wednesday AM, a slight (20%) of showers in the afternoon, then just mostly cloudy Wednesday night lows highs 42-39 highs 55-49. Mostly cloudy Thursday, mostly cloudy with rain likely (70%) Thursday night and Friday AM, mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Friday night and Saturday, showers at night, then rain likely (70%) Sunday highs near 50 lows 39-42. (seasonal averages high 51 low 40)

 

_______________

 

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), AM clouds with a slight (20%) chance of showers, a mix of clouds and sun Monday afternoon, partly cloudy Monday night, a mix of clouds and sun  with a good (50%) chance of rain in the afternoon, mostly cloudy with rain and snow in the evening, rain and snow showers late Tuesday night, snow showers Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of snow showers Wednesday night snow level 7,500 ft. tonight and Monday, free air freezing level 8,000 ft. Monday night, snow level 6,500 ft. Tuesday, 4,000 ft. Tuesday night, 3,000 ft. Wednesday, then at the surface Wednesday night  lows 32-20 highs 40-30. A mix of clouds and sun Thursday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow Thursday night, snow likely (60%) Friday, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow Friday night, rain and snow likely (70%) Saturday and Saturday night, then snow likely (70%) Sunday free air freezing level at the surface Friday, snow level 2,500 ft. Friday night, then 3,000 ft. Saturday through Sunday highs 30-34 lows 23-28.

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

 

________________

 

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com.

 

______________

For more click to continue on to http://timchueyweather4u.com/blog

Default thumbnail
Previous Story

Film: Found Footage Festival comes to Eugene

Default thumbnail
Next Story

5 Problems Still Holding the Portland Trail Blazers Back

Latest from Headline Feed