Quantcast
Eugene Daily News

January 19 – Morning Headlines

Send to Kindle

Morning Headlines

Under a state nuisance abatement law, local governments can seek court orders closing residences or buildings that are being used for drug crimes, gambling or prostitution after notifying the owners of ongoing problems and giving them a chance to remedy them. If granted, such orders effectively require that the building be vacated, locked up and used for no purpose for a period of one year.

Under a state nuisance abatement law, local governments can seek court orders closing residences or buildings that are being used for drug crimes, gambling or prostitution after notifying the owners of ongoing problems and giving them a chance to remedy them. The owner of this property faces a 15k lien to regain his house once the year has expired.

  • Buhler leads Beacons to victory
    Jordan Buhler scored 18 points and grabbed eight rebounds to lead Northwest Christian to its second men’s basketball victory of the Cascade Collegiate Conference season, 73-62 over Evergreen State on Friday night at the Morse Event Center. Trevor
  • Second-half surge lifts Sheldon girls past South Eugene
    After Sheldon made just three shots from the field in the first half, Ashley Land matched that total on three-pointers in the second half. Land hit a pair of three-pointers early in the third quarter to help the Irish shake off a sluggish start and bea
  • Lions hold on despite Husky’s 46 points
    Jordan Yoss scored 24 points, including the game-winning free throw with 7 seconds remaining, to give Cottage Grove an 84-83 victory over Sweet Home in Sky-Em League boys basketball on Friday night. The Lions led by nine points go

Keep Current: - EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather

Tim Chuey Weather:

Current Conditions

Eugene/Mahlon Sweet, OR

Last Updated on Apr 16 2014, 4:54 pm PDT

Current Conditions: Overcast

NOAA Icon

Temp: 61°F

Wind: NE at 3mph

Humidity: 54%

Dewpoint: 44.1°F

Your 5-Day Forecast at a Glance

Look for the early morning and late night fog and freezing fog with lots of afternoon clouds until Tuesday night when the chance of rain will return.

Cold high pressure (shaded “Arch” shape with blue arrows) is moving through the the Pacific Northwest. That ridge aloft along with high pressure (Blue “H” off the coast) at the surface will keep storm systems away from the Pacific Northwest until Tuesday. That’s when the ridge will open up allowing storms to return to the Pacific Northwest. Watch out for slippery roadways late night and early AM due to fog freezing on the surface of the road. The first frontal system in quite some time will be moving into the Pacific Northwest next Wednesday bringing back the chance for rain.

ADVISORIES
A DENSE FOG ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM TODAY FOR THE CENTRAL AND SOUTH WILLAMETTE VALLEY. AN AIR STAGNATION ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM TUESDAY FOR THE NORTH, CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN WILLAMETTE VALLEY. A FROST ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM UNTIL 10 AM TODAY FOR THE  SOUTH CENTRAL AND SOUTH OREGON COAST. AN AIR STAGNATION ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM TUESDAY FOR CENTRAL DOUGLAS COUNTY, EASTERN CURRY COUNTY, JOSEPHINE COUNTY, THE EASTERN DOUGLAS COUNTY FOOTHILLS, THE KLAMATH BASIN, JACKSON COUNTY, NORTHERN AND EASTERN KLAMATH COUNTY, WESTERN, CENTRAL, AND EASTERN LAKE COUNTY.

High: 40
Low: 30
Forecast: Areas of fog and freezing fog this AM, cloudy with lingering fog in the afternoon and evening, cloudy with patchy fog and freezing fog late tonight and Sunday AM, cloudy in the afternoon, patchy fog and freezing fog late Sunday night and Monday AM, mostly cloudy in the afternoon, then partly cloudy Monday night highs 37-40 lows near 30. A mix of clouds and sun Tuesday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Tuesday night, a good (50%) chance of rain Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Wednesday night and Thursday, a slight (20%) chance of rain Thursday night, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Friday highs 40-49 lows near 34. (seasonal averages high 48 low 34)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com

Benefit For Autism

When the weather forecast is bad and the news is bad, there is always music. In this case it’s an album of exceptional local Eugene talent whose proceeds benefit the Kindtree Autism Rocks charity. Support Autism, the arts, and a bright spot in your day.

Post Tags:

Log in
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!