January 26 – Morning Headlines

//
Nathan Asman of Hamilton Beach at the Sundance Film Festival

Morning Headlines

Nathan Asman of Hamilton Beach at the Sundance Film Festival
Nathan Asman of Hamilton Beach at the Sundance Film Festival

  • Proposed city fee put on hold
    The city of Eugene’s politically floundering proposal to charge residents and businesses up to $120 a year to help fund city government has been put on indefinite hold. Originally scheduled to be voted on by the City Council on Monday night, the
  • Lane County executives decline pay boost
    Lane County administrator Liane Richardson and county counsel Stephen Dingle said Friday evening that they will be declining for now the big raises that the county’s human resources department said were needed to make their pay competitive. With
  • OSP arrest man for DUI crash near train tracks
    Driver and passenger both ran off after the crash, but were later tracked down by troopers
  • Barred from owning animals
    A longtime breeder of Persian cats is now banned from owning any domestic animals for the next 15 years — the main provision of a plea bargain that led her to be convicted of trying to kill two felines by tossing them into the 
  • Sex offender accused of masturbating in front of mother and child
    A sex offender faces charges of public indecency after police say he masturbated in front of a mother and daughter in a laundromat in Springfield in December 2012
  • Corban edges NCU men
    Andrew Evans scored 23 points and Dustin Moore added 20 to lead Corban University to a 67-60 men’s basketball victory over Northwest Christian on Friday night. The advantage came at the three-point (8-for-15) and free-throw (11-for-
  • Ducks’ DMR teams sweep races

    Oregon’s women’s distance medley relay team set a national season best, and Jeramy Elkaim won the men’s 5,000 meters to lead the Ducks at the UW Invitational indoor track and field meet on Friday night at the Dempsey I more…
  • Oregon breaks into Pac-12 women’s basketball win column

    The Pac-12 dry spell for the Oregon women’s basketball team is finally over. Ariel Thomas narrowly missed a triple-double, scoring 20 points, grabbing 11 rebounds and dishing out eight assists and hit the clinching free thr 
  • Reserves help Churchill stay perfect in MWL boys hoops
    Churchill found its leading scorer and more off the bench. Andrew Bennion scored 12 points to spark the Lancers to a 57-43 win over Willamette Friday night in Midwestern League boys basketball at Willamette High School. “It is always great to com
  • Report: Artis out indefinitely with foot injury
    The Register Guard is reporting that freshman guard Dominic Artis will be sidelined indefinitely  with a foot injury. Artis has averaged just over ten points per game for the Ducks in his 19 starts.  Jonathan Loyd is

Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather

Tim Chuey Weather:

[gn_note color=#eee][/gn_note]

Showers will be the watchword for today and the rest of the weekend into next week.

An upper level low (shaded “U” shape) has moved in along the coast. A frontal system has pushed its way through the Pacific Northwest and is being  followed by another front. The upper level trough of low pressure will then move eastward across the Pacific Northwest pushing clouds and showers our way.

[gn_spoiler title=”ADVISORIES” open=”0″ style=”1″]NONE AT THIS TIME.[/gn_spoiler]

High: 44
Low: 34
Forecast: Mostly cloudy with showers today (0.10 in. of rain possible), cloudy with showers likely (70%) this evening, showers likely (60%) late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible) and Sunday AM, a good (50%) chance of rain Sunday afternoon, rain likely (60%) Sunday night and Monday AM, a good (50%) chance of showers in the afternoon, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Monday night highs 44-42 lows 34-39. Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Tuesday and Tuesday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a (30%) chance of showers Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Wednesday night through Thursday night, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Friday highs 44-50 lows 35-32. (seasonal averages high 49 low 35)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com

Benefit For Autism

When the weather forecast is bad and the news is bad, there is always music. In this case it’s an album of exceptional local Eugene talent whose proceeds benefit the Kindtree Autism Rocks charity. Support Autism, the arts, and a bright spot in your day.

Default thumbnail
Previous Story

Corban edges NCU men

Next Story

Bellage' Day Spa Salon & Women’s Wellness

Latest from Firehose

0 $0.00