Life In LC

After rain being likely tonight, get ready for a dry and warm day for your Friday.

in Headline Feed by

_______________

 

Here is my new weekly weather quiz question. What is an “Omega High?” Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

 

 

________________

An upper level trough of low pressure (Shaded “U” shape) will bring us back to the rainy weather, but for now an upper level ridge of high pressure (Shaded “Arch” shape) will keep the rain away for your Friday and allow the warm air being pushed in by the warm portion of a frontal system that is sliding through. Another frontal system will move in Saturday (position shown is Sunday) continuing the chance of rain.

 

________________

 

Advisories:  NONE AT THIS TIME.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Cloudy with rain likely (60%) this evening, a slight (20%) chance of rain late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy and warmer Friday, partly cloudy in the evening, mostly cloudy late at night, cloudy with patchy AM fog, a slight (20%) chance of showers early Saturday afternoon increasing to likely (60%) late afternoon (0.20 in. of rain possible), evening rain, showers Saturday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday, then partly cloudy at night lows 43-36 highs 63-49. Partly cloudy Monday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Monday night, rain likely (60%) Tuesday, a good (50%) chance of showers at night, showers likely (60%) Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Wednesday night and showers likely (60%) Thursday highs 54-50 lows near 38. (seasonal averages high 54 low 36)

________________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain this evening, mostly cloudy tonight, patchy fog AM mostly cloudy Friday, partly cloudy in the evening, mostly cloudy late Friday night, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Saturday afternoon, evening rain, showers late Saturday night (0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 3,000 ft.), mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Sunday, then just partly cloudy Sunday night lows 45-36 highs 66-53. Partly cloudy Monday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Monday night, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Tuesday, rain likely (70%) Tuesday night, showers likely (70%) Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers at night, then mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Thursday highs 56-52 lows 40-37. (seasonal averages high 56 low 38)

 

_________________

 

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Mostly cloudy with  a (30%) chance of rain this evening (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy and a bit warmer Friday, partly cloudy in the evening, mostly cloudy late Friday night, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Saturday afternoon, evening rain, showers late Saturday night (0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Sunday, then just partly cloudy Sunday night lows 48-38 highs 59-50. Partly cloudy Monday, mostly cloudy with rain likely (70%) and breezy Monday night, rain likely (60%) Tuesday and Tuesday night, then mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Wednesday through Thursday highs 55-50 lows 42-39. (seasonal averages high 54 low 41)

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Cloudy with rain likely (60%) this evening,  cloudy tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer Friday, just partly cloudy Friday night, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Saturday afternoon, rain and snow in the evening, rain and snow showers and colder Saturday night, AM snow showers likely (60%), a mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of snow showers Sunday afternoon, rain and snow showers and colder Sunday night snow level 6,500 ft. tonight, free air freezing level 9,000 ft. rising to 10,000 ft. Friday, 10,000 ft. Friday night, snow level 6,500 ft. Saturday,  5,500 ft. falling to 3,000 ft. late Saturday night, at the surface Sunday, then free air freezing level 4,500 ft. Sunday night lows 33-23 highs 52-34. Partly cloudy Monday, partly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Monday night, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow Tuesday, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers at night, mostly cloudy with rain and snow showers likely (60%) Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Wednesday night and Thursday free air freezing level 5,500 ft. Monday, snow level 5,500 ft. Monday night, 4,000 ft. Tuesday and Tuesday night, then 3,500 ft. Wednesday and Wednesday night, then 3,000 ft. Thursday highs 44-34  lows 27-24.

 

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

 

________________

 

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com.

 

________________

For more click to continue on to http://timchueyweather4u.com/blog

Latest from Headline Feed

Go to Top