February 13 – Morning Headlines

//

Morning Headlines

jordan johnson trial
Former Sheldon QB Jordan Johnson rape trial began yesterday.

  • Local School Says No to V-Day
    McCornack Elementary School issued a statement to parents that told them to refrain from sending any Valentine’s Day paraphernalia with their children to school on the upcoming holiday. Officials said the move was made in respect of individual beliefs
  • Pedestrian hit on Washington-Jefferson Bridge
    A pedestrian was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries Tuesday evening after she was struck by a pick-up truck on the Washington-Jefferson Bridge, police said. The pedestrian, who is in her early to mid 20s, was seen walking in the cent
  • Springfield City Councilor Arrested for DUII
    A Springfield City Councilor was arrested on charges of DUII early Sunday morning after an officer noted that he had been driving fairly slow after leaving Whiskey River Ranch around 2:30 a.m. Ralston plans to fight the charges in court.
  • Truck driver from Springfield ticketed in Portland-area crash

    A truck driver from Springfield was ticketed by police after his tractor-trailer rig overturned this morning as he merged onto Interstate 205 from Interstate 5 in the Tualatin area. The crash happened at approximately 8:25 a.m., when a… (yes this is an actual headline out there  –ed)
  • Burglars target Eugene barber shop
    A barber can’t do his job without hair clippers and shears. That’s why Michael “Mick” Kliment has had to turn away customers who stopped by his west Eugene shop today. Kliment, 67, arrived at work this morning and found the door
  • Ducks drop to 10th place at Northrup Grumman Regional
    After finishing round one in strong fashion, the Ducks fell three spots to sit in a 10th place tie after day two of competition. As a group, the Ducks (303-306-612) didn’t have their best performance and they now find themselves in an uphill 
  • Creswell Advances to PacWest Conference Championship
    The Creswell Bulldogs outlasted Salem Academy in double-overtime last night to see themselves to the PacWest Conference Championship. Creswell will play Blanchet Catholic, a program that is currently undefeated in league play.
  • IOC drops wrestling starting with 2020 Olympic games
    IOC leaders dropped wrestling from the Olympic program on Tuesday, a surprise decision that removes one of the oldest Olympic sports from the 2020 Games. 
  • Former Sheldon HS Star’s Rape Trial Begins
    Jordan Johnson, a former standout quarterback at Sheldon High School, attended his first trial date for allegedly raping a woman on February 4, 2012. Johnson had led the Montana Grizzlies to an FCS semifinal in his first year as the starting quarterbac

Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather

Tim Chuey Weather:

[gn_note color=#eee][/gn_note]

A wet day today, but there will be some drier weather on the way.

Another upper level high pressure ridge (the shaded “Arch” shape) is sitting just off shore. The ridge has flattened out (not as high an arch) so a frontal system is on its way to the Oregon coast. By the weekend another frontal system will move in keeping the chance of rain alive.

[gn_spoiler title=”ADVISORIES” open=”0″ style=”1″]AN AIR STAGNATION ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM TODAY FOR THE KLAMATH BASIN, NORTHERN, AND EASTERN KLAMATH COUNTY, WESTERN, CENTRAL, AND EASTERN LAKE COUNTY.[/gn_spoiler]

High: 55
Low: 35
Forecast: Mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) today (0.10 in. of rain possible), cloudy with rain likely (60%) this evening, patchy fog with a good (50%) chance of rain late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with patchy fog and a (30%) chance of AM showers, a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday afternoon, partly cloudy in the evening, mostly cloudy with areas of fog late at night, AM clouds and fog, then partly cloudy Friday afternoon and evening with areas fog late Friday night highs 50-55 lows 40-35 warming to 38 Friday night. Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Saturday, a good (50%) chance of showers Saturday night, a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday, just mostly cloudy Sunday night, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Monday (Presidents’ Day), rain likely (70%) Monday night, then mostly cloudy with showers likely (70%) Tuesday highs 47-45 lows 35-32 warming to 36 Monday night. (seasonal averages high 51 low 35)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com

Benefit For Autism

When the weather forecast is bad and the news is bad, there is always music. In this case it’s an album of exceptional local Eugene talent whose proceeds benefit the Kindtree Autism Rocks charity. Support Autism, the arts, and a bright spot in your day.

Default thumbnail
Previous Story

Local School Says No to V-Day

Next Story

Jason Georgianna and The Art of War in Eugene

Latest from Firehose

0 $0.00