February 25 – Morning Headlines

//
image -kval.com
Landen Stiner celebrated achieving his wish at an Oregon Duck baseball game Sunday. He got to throw the first pitch of the game. Image courtesy: kval.com

Morning Headlines

image -kval.com
Landen Stiner celebrated achieving his wish at an Oregon Duck baseball game Sunday. He got to throw the first pitch of the game. Image courtesy: kval.com

  • Kenjon Barner Runs 12th Fastest 40 time at Combine, 4.44
    Former Oregon running back Kenjon Barner recorded the 12th fastest official 40-yard dash time, putting in an official time of 4.44 seconds. Barner’s time was the fourth fastest time of RBs, behind Onterrio McCalebb of Auburn, Knile Davis of Arkansas an 
  • OSU’s Markus Wheaton Runs a 4.34 in 40-yard Dash
    Former Oregon State wide receiver Markus Wheaton is impressing scouts thus far at the NFL by running a time of 4.34 in the 40-yard dash, one of the fastest times by wide receivers thus far.
  • Andrew Moore Pitches Oregon State to Victory
    The Oregon State Beavers continued the perfect start to their season, beating the San Diego State Aztecs by a score of 5-0. Andrew Moore pitched a nearly flawless game for the Beavers, throwing 8 1/3 innings of two-hit baseball.
  • Joe Burton Finishes Strong in Loss to California
    Oregon State narrowly missed a chance to give Joe Burton a victory in his last home game as a Beaver, losing to the California Golden Bears by a score of 60-59. The game was Burton’s 126th appearance for OSU and was likely his most memorable
  • Ducks Take Series Against Loyola With Help of Irvin
    The Oregon Ducks won their second series in a row to start the season as they beat Loyola Marymount, 6-1. Though the Ducks’ offense wasn’t as potent as it may have seemed, Oregon capitalized on every LMU mistake and came out with a win
  • Dion Jordan to Miss 3-4 Months After Surgery
    Dion Jordan, a standout athlete and defensive end/linebacker at the University of Oregon, will potentially be a top-10 pick in the 2013 NFL Draft. Before he is selected, however, the talented linebacker will undergo surgery for a shoulder injury he pla
  • Dion Jordan Runs a 4.60 in NFL Combine
    Former Oregon Ducks DE Dion Jordan is continuing to impress NFL coaches and scouts with his athletic build and raw skills. Those abilities became even more clear when Jordan ran an official 40-yard dash time of 4.60, the third-fastest amongst all defen
  • Ducks WBB Dominated by No. 4 Stanford, 74-50
    The Ducks’ (4-24, 2-14) disappointing season continued with a a blowout loss to the No. 4 Stanford Cardinal (26-2, 15-1), 74-50. The loss puts the Ducks another game closer to one of the worst seasons in Oregon history

Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather

Tim Chuey Weather:

[gn_note color=#eee][/gn_note]

Showers will be tapering off today giving us a good chance of a dry Tuesday.

The leading edge of an upper level high (Shaded “Arch” shape) has been sending colder air down from Canada driving snow levels down. A frontal system pushes toward Oregon bringing the chance of rain tapering off today. High pressure sliding eastward will dry us out for a short time late today and Tuesday. Low pressure and another frontal system will slide toward us Wednesday increasing the rain chances. See the pattern here of frontal systems (this one shown on Friday) that will march through the Pacific Northwest.

[gn_spoiler title=”ADVISORIES” open=”0″ style=”1″]A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM TODAY FOR THE NORTH OREGON CASCADES AND THE CASCADES IN LANE COUNTY. A FREEZE WATCH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST AND THE SOUTH OREGON COAST.[/gn_spoiler]

High: 52
Low: 34
Forecast: Mostly cloudy with showers today (0.10 in. of rain possible), a (30%) chance of evening showers, mostly cloudy late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a mix of clouds and sun Tuesday, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Tuesday night, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Wednesday, cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday night highs 48-52 lows 34-38. Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Thursday, a (40%) chance of rain Thursday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday, partly cloudy at night, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Saturday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Saturday night, then a good (50%) chance of showers Sunday highs 52-57 cooling to 52 Sunday lows 37-42. (seasonal averages high 53 low 35)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com

Benefit For Autism

When the weather forecast is bad and the news is bad, there is always music. In this case it’s an album of exceptional local Eugene talent whose proceeds benefit the Kindtree Autism Rocks charity. Support Autism, the arts, and a bright spot in your day.

Previous Story

Dominant 2015 NFL Draft Class for Ducks?

Cole Irvin
Next Story

Ducks Take Series Against Loyola With Help of Irvin

Latest from Firehose

0 $0.00