It will be wet today with significant snow in the Cascades and the foothills.

________________

 

Here is my new weekly weather quiz question. In times of active weather the “Mesonet” comes in handy. What is it? Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

 

 

________________

 

An Upper Level Low Pressure Trough

 

An

An upper level low pressure trough moving away.

An upper level low pressure trough (Shaded “U” shape) has pushed through the Pacific Northwest and is now centered over the Southwest and still moving. A frontal system pushes through Oregon. The leading edge of a high pressure ridge (Shaded “Arch” shape) is sending colder air down from Canada which is driving snow levels down. Another frontal system will slide toward us (position shown is Sunday ) increasing the rain chances. See the pattern here of frontal systems (this one shown on Tuesday) that will march through the Pacific Northwest.

 

________________

 

Advisories: A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM TODAY UNTIL 4 PM SATURDAY ABOVE 1,000 FT. FOR THE COAST RANGE OF NORTHWEST OREGON AND THE CENTRAL COAST RANGE OF OREGON. A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM TODAY UNTIL 4 PM SATURDAY FOR  THE NORTH OREGON CASCADE FOOTHILLS, THE CASCADE FOOTHILLS IN LANE COUNTY, THE NORTH OREGON CASCADES, THE CASCADES OF LANE COUNTY, THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON CASCADES, THE SOUTH OREGON CASCADES, AND THE SISKIYOU MOUNTAINS. A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM TODAY UNTIL 10 AM SATURDAY FOR CENTRAL DOUGLAS COUNTY, EASTERN CURRY COUNTY, JOSEPHINE COUNTY, AND JACKSON COUNTY, AND FROM 8 PM TONIGHT UNTIL 10 AM SATURDAY FOR THE EASTERN DOUGLAS COUNTY FOOTHILLS. A WIND ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM TODAY UNTIL 4 AM SATURDAY FOR NORTHERN AND EASTERN KLAMATH COUNTY, WESTERN, CENTRAL AND EASTERN LAKE COUNTY.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with rain (0.50 in. of rain possible) today and breezy (wind: S 10-15 mph increasing to SW 15-20 mph), rain this evening, showers late tonight (0.25 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with showers Saturday (snow level 1,000 ft. to 1,500 ft.), a (40%) chance of showers Saturday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a good (50%) chance of showers Sunday, then mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Sunday night highs 50-45 warming to 50 Sunday lows 35-38. Mostly cloudy with rain likely (70%) Monday, a good (50%) chance of showers Monday night, cloudy with (40%) chance of rain Tuesday, rain likely (60%) Tuesday night, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Wednesday through Thursday highs 48-54 lows 36-42. (seasonal averages high 52 low 35)

________________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Mostly cloudy with rain today (0.10 in. of rain possible, and breezy (wind: SW 15-25 mph), rain this evening, rain and snow showers late tonight (0.45 in. of rain possible, 1-2 in. of snow possible, snow level 1,500 ft. late tonight) and breezy (wind: W 15-25 mph decreasing to W 10-15 mph late), rain and snow showers Saturday (0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 1,500 ft.), a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Saturday night (snow level 2,500 ft. falling to 2,000 ft.), mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of AM rain and snow showers, a (40%) chance of showers Sunday afternoon, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Sunday night highs 52-46 warming to 53 Sunday lows 37-32 warming to 36 Sunday night. Mostly cloudy with rain Monday, showers likely (60%) Monday night, a (40%) chance of rain and snow Tuesday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Tuesday night, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain in the evening, then cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Thursday highs 50-55 lows 35-40. (seasonal averages high 55 low 38)

 

_________________

 

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Mostly cloudy with rain today (0.35 in. of rain possible) and windy (wind: SW 25-35 mph at the shore and SW 15-25 mph inland), evening rain, coastal showers late tonight with rain and snow showers inland late (0.50 in. of rain possible, snow level 1,500 ft. late) and breezy (wind: W 15-25 mph decreasing to W 10-15 mph late tonight), coastal showers Saturday while AM rain and snow inland with rain and snow showers in the afternoon (0.15 in. of rain possible, snow level 1,500 ft. rising to 2,000 ft. in the afternoon), a (40%) chance of showers Saturday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 2,000 ft. late), a (30%) chance of  showers Sunday, then mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Sunday night highs near 50 lows 40-36 warming to near 40 Sunday night. Mostly cloudy with rain Monday, showers likely (60%) Monday night, a good (50%) chance of rain Tuesday and Tuesday night, cloudy with rain likely (60%) Wednesday and Wednesday night, then cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Thursday highs 48-53 lows 37-44. (seasonal averages high 53 low 40)

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Mostly cloudy with AM snow, rain and snow this afternoon (0.75 in. of rain possible, 5-10 in. of snow possible) and breezy (wind: S 10-15 mph gusts to 30 mph increasing to SW 15-25 mph in the afternoon gusts to 35 mph, gusts to 55 mph exposed ridges) evening rain and snow, snow showers (1 in. of rain possible, 8-16 in. of snow possible, snow level 4,000 ft. in the evening falling to the surface) late tonight and breezy (wind: W 15-25 mph gusts to 45 mph shifting to W 10-15 mph gusts to 30 mph late), snow showers and colder Saturday, evening snow showers likely (70%), a good (50%) chance of snow showers late Saturday night and Sunday, then mostly cloudy with rain and snow likely (60%) Sunday night snow level 4,000 ft. this afternoon and evening, at the surface late tonight through Sunday, then 3,500 ft. Sunday night highs 37-23 warming to 36 Sunday lows 20-24. Mostly cloudy with rain and snow likely (70%) Monday, a good (50%) chance of snow showers Monday night, a good (50%) chance of snow Tuesday, rain and snow likely (60%) at night, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow Tuesday night through Wednesday night, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain or snow Thursday snow level 3,000 ft. Monday, at the surface Monday night and Tuesday, 3,500 ft. Tuesday night and Wednesday, 4,500 ft. at night, then 5,000 ft. Thursday highs 35-42 lows 20-28.

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

 

________________

 

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com.

 

________________

For more click to continue on to http://timchueyweather4u.com/blog

Previous Story

Cal Takes Down Oregon 48-46, For 11th Straight Win Over UO

Next Story

Former Duck Sets American Record in Stockholm

Latest from Headline Feed

Default thumbnail

The Waterboys

10/09/2019 to

10/09/2019

-
The Waterboys will perform at the Hult Center as a

0 $0.00