There’s just a slight chance of getting wet tonight and your Sunday will be dry.

________________

 

Sorry, no winner this week. Here is my new weekly weather quiz question for the last time. In times of active weather the “Mesonet” comes in handy. What is it? Here is the correct answer. “The Mesonet is a regional network of observing stations (usually surface stations) designed to diagnose mesoscale weather features and their associated processes.” I’ll have a new weekly weather quiz question for you starting Monday. Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

 

 

________________

 

High pressure ridge centerer offshore.

The leading edge of an upper level high (Shaded “Arch” shape) is sending colder air down from Canada which is driving snow levels down. A frontal system pushes through Oregon bringing colder air down from aloft. A warm front will brush by us Sunday AM with the cold front moving in by Monday. Another frontal system will slide toward us Tuesday increasing the rain chances. See the pattern here of frontal systems (this one shown on Thursday) that will march through the Pacific Northwest.

 

 

________________

 

Advisories:  A HIGH SURF ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM TONIGHT FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST AND THE SOUTH OREGON COAST. A FROST ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM TOIGHT UNTIL 8 AM SUNDAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL AND SOUTH OREGON COAST.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of isolated showers tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), just mostly cloudy Sunday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of evening rain, rain late Sunday night (0.10 in. of rain possible), showers Monday, a (30%) chance of evening showers, mostly cloudy late Monday night, a mix of clouds and sun Tuesday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Tuesday night lows 38-32 warming to 37 Tuesday night highs 50-46 warming back to near 50 Tuesday. Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Wednesday, cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers at night, a (40%) chance of rain Thursday and Thursday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday, then partly cloudy Friday night and Saturday highs 49-56 lows 37-40. (seasonal averages high 52 low 35)

________________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers this evening (snow level 2,000 ft.), patchy fog late tonight, mostly cloudy Sunday, a slight (20%) chance of evening rain, rain late Sunday night, AM rain, rain and snow showers likely (70%) Monday afternoon, a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Monday evening (snow level 2,000 ft.), patchy fog late at night, mostly cloudy Tuesday, a (40%) chance of rain Tuesday night lows 34-40 cooling to 34 Monday night and warming to 37 Tuesday highs 52-48 warming back to 50 Tuesday. Mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Wednesday AM, showers in the afternoon, a slight (20%) chance of rain late Wednesday night, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Thursday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Thursday night, a slight (20%) chance of rain and warmer Friday, just partly cloudy Friday night, then mostly cloudy Saturday highs 53-63 lows 38-43. (seasonal averages high 55 low 38)

 

_________________

 

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this evening, mostly cloudy at night and Sunday, a (40%) chance of evening rain, rain late at night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible) and breezy (wind: SW 15-25 mph), AM rain, coastal afternoon showers while inland showers likely (70%) Monday afternoon (snow level 2,000 ft.), a (30%) chance of showers Monday evening (snow level 2,000 ft.) night, mostly cloudy Monday night and Tuesday, then mostly cloudy with rain likely (70%) Tuesday night lows 37-42 Sunday night and cooling to 35 Monday night and warming to 42 Tuesday night highs 50-46 warming to 50 Tuesday. Mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Wednesday AM,  showers in the afternoon, cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, a slight (20%) chance of rain late Wednesday night, a good (50%) chance of rain Thursday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers at night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and warmer Friday, just mostly cloudy Friday night, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday highs 52-58 cooling to 55 Saturday lows 40-43. (seasonal averages high 53 low 40)

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of snow showers this evening, a slight (20%) chance of snow late tonight, just mostly cloudy Sunday and a bit warmer, a (40%) chance of rain and snow in the evening, rain and snow late Sunday night (0.25 in. of rain possible, 1-4 in. of snow possible), mostly cloudy with AM rain and snow showers, snow showers Monday afternoon, a (40%) chance of evening snow showers, a slight (20%) chance of snow showers Monday night, a mix of clouds and sun Tuesday, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of  rain and snow Tuesday night snow level at the surface tonight, free air freezing level at the surface rising to 4,000 ft. Sunday afternoon, snow level 3,500 ft. Sunday night, 2,500 ft. Monday and Monday night, free air freezing level at the surface Tuesday, then snow level 3,500 ft. Tuesday night lows 26-20 highs 36-30 warming to 36 Tuesday. Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow Wednesday, a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers at night, a (40%) chance of rain and snow Thursday, a (40%) chance of rain Thursday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of rain Friday, then just partly cloudy Friday night and Saturday snow level 3,500 ft. Wednesday, 4,500 ft. Wednesday night and Thursday, 7,000 ft. Thursday night, 8,000 ft. Friday, free air freezing level 9,000 ft. Friday night, then 10,000 ft. Saturday highs 36-46 lows 26-32.

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

 

________________

 

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com.

 

________________

Default thumbnail
Previous Story

Oregon tennis improves to 9-1 after weekend in Washington

Next Story

Behind a Career Night By Johnathan Loyd, Oregon Defeats Stanford 77-66

Latest from Headline Feed

0 $0.00