- County fair director terminated, given severance payment
Rick Reno, director of the annual Lane County Fair and manager of the Lane Events Center, has been terminated by the county and given a special $16,000 severance payment in return for agreeing not to pursue claims against the county, according to docum…
- Dozens protest postal service changes at downtown office
Employees with the United States Postal Service across the nation spent Sunday rallying to keep the six-day service week after a recent decision would cut weekend mail delivery from the budget. Dozens joined the national effort by staging a protes…
- BPA seeks comment on proposed new line linking Lane, Wendson substations
The Bonneville Power Administration is seeking public comment to help it put together an environmental assessment for a possible rebuild of 41 miles of power lines between the Lane and Wendson substations. The project would cost an estimated $15 millio
- Service dog inducted into Hall of Fame: ‘He’s the best pair of eyes’
Ryerson, a service dog in Eugene, was one of the three dogs inducted into the Oregon Animal Hall of Fame this year. Ryerson helps his owner see the world around her.
- Oregon Baseball Sweeps Defending Champions Arizona
The Oregon Ducks (18-6, 5-1) defeated the Arizona Wildcats (15-11, 0-6) by a final score of 7-6 on Friday at PK Park, holding onto a four run led heading into the 9th inning. Unlike last weekend against the USC Trojans the Ducks were able to sweep the
- Oregon Softball Wins With Walk-Off Against Stanford
The Oregon Ducks softball team opened up conference play with a win against the Stanford Cardinal on Saturday. Oregon used a walk-off double by Samantha Pappas to give them a thrilling victory in the final inning.
- Lane Splits Pair of Games on Sunday
The Lane Titans split a pair of games on Sunday, winning a thrilling morning game against Pierce by tacking on three runs in the ninth and losing their second game to Bellevue by a score of 4-3 in the tenth. Lane will now take the week off before begin
Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather
Tim Chuey Weather:
Enjoy the dry weather and sunshine early today because it will be departing slowly by late this afternoon and this evening.
An upper level high pressure ridge (shaded “Arch”shape) will keep dry weather with us through today. A frontal system will bring back the chance of rain late tonight and Tuesday. Another frontal system will move on a southeast course through the southwest corner of Oregon and the northwest corner of California taking the heaviest rain to the south away rom the Willamette Valley.
[gn_spoiler title=”ADVISORIES” open=”0″ style=”1″]NONE AT THIS TIME[/gn_spoiler]
Forecast: A mix of clouds and sun a slight (20%) chance of showers developing late this afternoon, a slight (20%) chance of showers this evening, a (40%) chance of showers late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a (30%) chance of showers Tuesday (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a good (50%) chance of showers at night, AM showers likely (70%), showers Wednesday afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Wednesday night highs 60-57 lows 40-45. Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday, a (40%) chance of showers Thursday night through Friday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of showers Saturday, partly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers at night, then a mix of clouds and sun with a (30%) chance of showers Sunday highs 59-66 cooling to 62 Sunday lows near 45. (seasonal averages high 58 low 38)
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com
Benefit For Autism
When the weather forecast is bad and the news is bad, there is always music. In this case it’s an album of exceptional local Eugene talent whose proceeds benefit the Kindtree Autism Rocks charity. Support Autism, the arts, and a bright spot in your day.