March 26 – Morning Headlines

//
We've got an upcoming special report on a couple of guys and the personal aquaponics system they have created. Fresh fish and micro-greens anyone? Image courtesy Shawn McMurtrey and Quiante Swearingen.

Morning Headlines

We've got an upcoming special report on a couple of guys and the personal aquaponics system they have created.  Fresh fish and  micro-greens anyone?  Image courtesy Shawn McMurtrey and Quiante Swearingen.
We’ve got an upcoming special report on a couple of guys and the personal aquaponics system they have created. Fresh fish and micro-greens anyone? Image courtesy Shawn McMurtrey and Quiante Swearingen.
  • Two incidents of a peeping tom reported near campus
    Two reports of a suspect looking into resident’s windows occurred during a Eugene Police follow-up investigation, Sunday March 24, near Onyx Street and 21st Avenue. Multiple people reported a white male 6-foot-2 inches, or taller. He’s been
  • Woman arrested 3 times in 2 days
    Candice Cameron-Surwillo was arrested for huffing compressed air three times within two days 
  • Prominent Eugene physician John Bascom dies at age 87
    Dr. John Bascom, a prominent Eugene physician whose international surgical reputation was often overshadowed locally by the exploits of his bicycle-riding wife, Eugene Mayor Ruth Bascom, has died at age 87. John Bascom died Friday in a Springfield memo
  • Lane County unemployment rate flat at 8.3 percent
    Lane County’s February unemployment rate of 8.3 percent was the same as January’s revised rate, which was released by the state Employment Department earlier this month. It remained slightly below the statewide rate of 8.4 percent but above
  • Oregon Senate approves bill banning gas-powered engines on Waldo Lake

    On an 18-11 vote, the Oregon Senate this morning approved a bill that that would ban all gas-powered engines, including seaplanes, on Waldo Lake. The blanket ban in Senate Bill 602 would directly impact seaplanes, which can now use the wa
  • Ducks Baseball Climbs to No. 12 Nationally, OSU to No. 2
    Both the No. 12 Oregon Ducks (18-6, 5-1) and No. 2 Oregon State Beavers (21-2, 5-1) continued their rise into the Baseball America Top-25 poll released on Monday, each moving up one spot from last week. Oregon went an impressive 3-0 vs the Arizona Wild
  • Oregon Releases Statement on Colt Lyerla’s Tweet
    The University of Oregon has made a statement regarding the recent tweets by tight end Colt Lyerla involving a Sandy Hook Elementary shooting conspiracy video.
  • Oregon Tennis Stops Losing Streak With Victory Over Arizona
    The Oregon women’s tennis team defeated the Arizona Wildcats for the first time since 2009 on Sunday, claiming a 5-2 victory over the visitors. While Oregon fell in doubles play to start the match, they used a 5-1 effort in singles play to ensure a win
  • Sheldon Baseball at Top of 6A OSAA Ranking
    The Sheldon Irish (3-1) remain the No. 1 team in the OSAA 6A Rankings despite a 7-1 loss to Chaparral of Parker, Colorado today. The Irish seem to not know what a close game is with each of their four games being decidedly one-sided.
  • UO sweeps series with hot early bats
    Oregon didn’t have to summon a comeback this time at Howe Field to finish off Stanford. The No. 10 Ducks swept their opening series of the Pac-12 season from the Cardinal with a 10-3 win Monday, UO’s first sweep of No. 15 Stanford since 199

Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather

Tim Chuey Weather:

[gn_note color=#eee][/gn_note]

Showers will be the name of the game this week with possible thunderstorms Wednesday and Thursday.

An upper level high pressure ridge (shaded “Arch”shape) has moved eastward and low pressure is offshore enough to bring moisture our way increasing the clouds. A frontal system will bring back the chance of showers today. Another frontal system will move on a southeast course through the northwest corner of California taking the heaviest rain to the south away rom the Willamette Valley just in time for Easter Sunday.

[gn_spoiler title=”ADVISORIES” open=”0″ style=”1″]NONE AT THIS TIME.[/gn_spoiler]

High: 62
Low: 42
Rain: 40%
Forecast: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers today (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, a (40%) chance of showers late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), AM showers likely (60%), showers Wednesday with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon (0.15 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with evening showers and a good (50%) chance of showers late Wednesday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Thursday, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday night highs near 62 lows 42-46. Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Friday, a slight (20%) chance of showers at night, a mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of showers Saturday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers at night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday night, then a mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of showers Monday highs 64-69 cooling to near 60 Monday lows 46-43. (seasonal averages high 58 low 38)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com

Benefit For Autism

When the weather forecast is bad and the news is bad, there is always music. In this case it’s an album of exceptional local Eugene talent whose proceeds benefit the Kindtree Autism Rocks charity. Support Autism, the arts, and a bright spot in your day.

Previous Story

Photo Essay: Ducks vs Stanford Softball

Next Story

salpino

Latest from Firehose