- At least one injured in rear-end crash north of Springfield
Marcola Road was temporarily blocked yesterday morning after a rear-end crash, Lane County sheriff’s officials said. The wreck several miles north of Springfield was reported at 7:49 a.m. Medics responded to the scene and transported a
- Boy taken to hospital after being pulled from pool
A boy was taken to the hospital after a lifeguard at Splash! a Lively Park Swim Center noticed the boy was in difficulty, pulled him from the pool and began performing CPR while someone else called 911, according to Mike Moskovitz,
- Old syringes, medical debris found along the Willamette
- Springfield police seize additional evidence in child-spying case
- Local pioneer cemetery targeted by vandals once again
- Pro-pot billboard across from treatment center angers addicts
The Marijuana Policy Project paid for the billboard that went up Tuesday night at Southwest 13th and Alder. The group is behind an effort to legalize pot in Oregon
- Eugene police investigate report of a police impersonator
- Deputies rush to three accidents
- Cats found in dumpster ready for adoption
- Lawmakers weigh bills addressing Native American mascots
- Proposal would make being linked to a gang a crime
In an attempt to crack down on violent gang activity, Oregon lawmakers are considering a bill that would make it a crime just being linked to a gang
- Old Café Zenon reopens as Lebanese-influenced ‘Dalia on Broadway’
One of downtown Eugene’s longest standing restaurants closed about a month ago and now the owner of “Café Zenon” is back with a fresh look and plan to help revive
- Oregon Softball Dominates in Opener Against Washington
- Thurston Slips Past Fairview at Coach Bob Invitational
The Thurston Colts used some key baserunning by Brandon Conrad to find a way to slip passed the Fairview Knights at the Coach Bob Invitational on Thursday. Conrad scored the go-ahead run in the bottom of the sixth inning, giving Thurston a 2-1 victory.
- Sweet 16 Berth A Landmark For Oregon, But It’s Not Over
It’s game time! Oregon and Louisville are about to square off in one of the biggest games in Oregon Ducks history. Who ya got!?
Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather
Tim Chuey Weather:
Look for a sunny and warm day today great for any outdoor activities, then a few more clouds and just a slight chance of a shower for your Sunday.
An upper level high pressure ridge (shaded “Arch”shape) has been trying to take over, but a low pressure area (shaded “Crescent” shape offshore) is keeping the clouds and chance of rain with us. The upper level low will move eastward and hopefully the high will take over bringing sunshine, but no rain. It looks like the next serious frontal system won’t show up until next Friday.
[gn_spoiler title=”ADVISORIES” open=”0″ style=”1″]NONE AT THIS TIME[/gn_spoiler]
Forecast: Mostly sunny and even warmer today, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers (0.10 in. of rain possible) Sunday (Easter), mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of evening showers (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy Sunday night and Monday AM, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers in the afternoon, then just partly cloudy Monday night highs 72-63 lows 47-44. Partly cloudy Tuesday, mostly cloudy at night, a mix of clouds and sun Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers at night, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday through Friday highs 64-58 lows near 44. (seasonal averages high 58 low 38)
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com
Benefit For Autism
When the weather forecast is bad and the news is bad, there is always music. In this case it’s an album of exceptional local Eugene talent whose proceeds benefit the Kindtree Autism Rocks charity. Support Autism, the arts, and a bright spot in your day.