- AAA: Average gasoline price in Oregon $3.78
The AAA auto club reports the average price of a gallon of gasoline in Oregon is $3.78.
- Kid cuffed at candy shop: ‘They acted like I was a terrorist’
- Cascadia Forest Defenders march on campus and downtown Eugene
An march organized by the Cascadia Forest Defenders took place on campus Sunday in an attempt to generate awareness in a campaign against industrial resource extraction. Around 1 p.m. participants gathered in the Erb Memorial Union Amphitheate
- Police: Motorist killed when struck by wrong-way driver from Eugene
A 44-year-old man from Oakland, Ore., was killed early today when his vehicle was struck by a wrong-way driver identified as 26-year-old Joshua Davis of Eugene, Oregon State Police said. The accident occurred around 4:25 a.m. on Interstate 5 about four
- Rally for new gun laws: ‘We want responsibility, not control’
- Bill would extend McKenzie’s Scenic Waterway designation
A bill intended to protect salmon from gold dredges could impact property owners in McKenzie Bridge, Rainbow, Blue River and Finn Rock. SALEM: A move to regulate gold mining could impact area property owners. Oregon Senate Bill 401, recently introduc
- Lane Women Advance to Elite Eight
- Oregon State Stays Perfect with Sweep Over Bryant
- Oregon Baseball Gets Back On Track with Win
Oregon stopped their two game slump with a victory over Cal State Fullerton on Sunday afternoon. Ryan Hambright, who had been having a tough start to his season, was 3-for-4 on the night while also tallying three…
- Ducks Fall to CSF Again, Lose Series With 5-2 Loss Saturday
The No. 14 Oregon Ducks (7-3) were unable to bounce back from a loss Friday to No. 17 Cal State Fullerton (10-0) and dropped game two of the three game series, 5-2. The Titans continue their undefeated season and will likely jump in the polls following
Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather
Tim Chuey Weather:
Look for another bright day today that will slowly see the clouds increase by late in the day so the rain can return at night.
An upper level high pressure ridge (Shaded “Arch” shape) will keep the rain away for one more day, meaning today. An upper level trough of low pressure (Shaded “U” shape) is moving in to bring back the rainy weather tonight as it replaces the ridge of high pressure. A surface high pressure area (Blue “H” offshore) helps protect us from rain for today. A frontal system looks like it will be dropping down on us Monday bringing cold Canadian air with it.
[gn_spoiler title=”ADVISORIES” open=”0″ style=”1″]A FROST ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM UNTIL 8 AM TODAY FOR THE NORTH OREGON COAST AND THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST.[/gn_spoiler]
Forecast: Partly cloudy with patchy fog this AM, mostly sunny this afternoon, a good (50%) chance of rain late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with rain Tuesday (0.50 in. of rain possible), cloudy with evening showers likely (70%), a good (50%) chance of showers Tuesday night (0.25 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of AM showers, then showers likely (70%) Wednesday afternoon (small hail possible) and Wednesday night highs 54-48 lows 33-39. Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday, a (30%) chance of showers at night, partly cloudy Friday through Saturday night, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Sunday highs 50-55 lows near 38. (seasonal averages high 54 low 36)
- Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg
- Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend
- Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County
Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com
Benefit For Autism
When the weather forecast is bad and the news is bad, there is always music. In this case it’s an album of exceptional local Eugene talent whose proceeds benefit the Kindtree Autism Rocks charity. Support Autism, the arts, and a bright spot in your day.