Life In LC

More clouds and possible thunderstorms this evening with a chance of showers Monday. Sunshine returns Tuesday.

in Headline Feed by

_______________

 

 

No winner this week. Here is my weekly weather quiz question for the last time. What is a “Microburst?” Here is the correct answer. A “Microburst” is a convective downdraft with an affected outflow area of less than 2½ miles wide and peak winds lasting less than 5 minutes. Microbursts may induce dangerous horizontal/vertical wind shears, which can adversely affect aircraft performance and cause property damage. I’ll have a new weekly weather quiz question for you starting Monday. Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

 

 ________________
Don’t forget to take off those studded tires! Monday April 1st is the deadline. The fine is pretty steep so get them off before you get caught.
_________________

 

An upper level high pressure ridge (shaded “Arch”shape) has been giving us plenty of sun and warm temperatures, but a low pressure area (shaded “Crescent” shape) that’s been sitting offshore will slide eastward south of us giving us a chance of showers. A frontal system broke apart and slide south of us just like the last one did.

 

________________

 

Advisories:  NONE AT THIS TIME.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms this evening, a (30%) chance of showers late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday and Monday evening, mostly cloudy at night, a mix of clouds and sun Tuesday, partly cloudy Tuesday night and Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Wednesday night lows 46-43 highs 63-67. Mostly cloudy rain likely (60%) Thursday, showers likely (60%) Thursday night and Friday, showers likely (70%) at night, showers Saturday, then mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Saturday night and Sunday highs 62-56 lows 47-44. (seasonal averages high 58 low 38)

________________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Cloudy with a (40%) chance of scattered showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms this evening, scattered showers late tonight (0.15 in. of rain possible), cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Monday (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, mostly cloudy Monday night and Tuesday, partly cloudy Tuesday night and Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Wednesday night lows 52-46 warming to 50 Wednesday night highs 64-72. Mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Thursday and Thursday night, a (%) chance of showers Friday, rain Friday night, showers likely (60%) Saturday, rain likely (70%) at night, then showers likely (70%) Sunday highs 65-58 lows 49-40. (seasonal averages high 60 low 40)

 

_________________

 

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Cloudy with a (40%) chance of scattered showers tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of inland showers in evening showers, just mostly cloudy at night and Tuesday, partly cloudy Tuesday night and Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Wednesday night lows 48-45 highs 57-60. Mostly cloudy with rain likely (70%) Thursday and Thursday night, a good (50%) chance of showers Friday, rain Friday night, showers Saturday, rain Saturday night, then mostly cloudy with showers Sunday highs 57-52 lows 49-42. (seasonal averages high 54 low 42)

________________

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms this evening, a good (50%) chance of showers late tonight, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Monday and Monday evening, just mostly cloudy Monday night and Tuesday, partly cloudy at night, a mix of clouds and sun Wednesday, then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Wednesday night snow level 8,000 ft. tonight, 7,000 ft. Monday and Monday night, free air freezing level 8,000 ft. Tuesday through Wednesday then snow level 8,000 ft. Wednesday night lows 36-32 highs 53-59. Mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Thursday, showers likely (60%) Thursday night through Friday night, then mostly cloudy with rain and snow showers likely (60%) Saturday through Sunday snow level 8,000 ft. Thursday, 7,000 ft. Thursday night, 6,000 ft. Friday and Friday night, 4,500 ft. Saturday, 4,000 ft. Saturday night, then 3,500 ft. Sunday highs 52-45 lows near 33.

 

45

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

 

________________

 

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com.

 

________________

For more click to continue on to http://timchueyweather4u.com/blog

Latest from Headline Feed

Go to Top