Thursday will start off just like Wednesday, but then the clouds and rain take over.

_______________

 

Here is my new weekly weather quiz question. Here it is. What is “AFOS” and why is it being replaced by “AWIPS?” Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

 

________________

 

An upper level ridge of high pressure (Shaded “Arch” shape) has strengthened a bit,re-growing its hump, keeping the rain away longer than expected.  An upper level trough of low pressure (Shaded “U” shape) behind the ridge is pushing to position itself along the coast to return the rain chances. A cold front will approach the Pacific Northwest and push in Saturday increasing the chances for rain.

 

 

________________

 

Advisories: NONE AT THIS TIME.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy tonight, a mix of clouds and sun Thursday AM, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Thursday afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain in the evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers late Thursday night (0.10 in. of rain possible), a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Friday afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday night, a (30%) chance of AM showers, a (40%) chance of showers Saturday afternoon, then cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Saturday night lows near 46-39 highs 60-58. Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Sunday, a slight (20%) chance of showers at night, a mix of clouds and sun Monday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Monday night, rain Tuesday, then mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Tuesday night and Wednesday highs near 55 lows near 40. (seasonal averages high 56 low 37)

________________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Mostly cloudy this evening, partly cloudy later this evening, mostly cloudy late tonight, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Thursday afternoon, cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Thursday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Friday (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a (30%) chance of showers Friday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday, cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers in the evening, a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Saturday night lows 46-40 highs 65-58. Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and snow showers Sunday AM, a (30%) chance of showers in the afternoon, a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday night, just mostly cloudy Monday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Monday night and Tuesday, then mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Tuesday night and Wednesday highs 58-62 cooling to 53 Wednesday lows 38-40. (seasonal averages high 58 low 39)

 

_________________

 

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Mostly cloudy tonight, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Thursday (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), cloudy with evening coastal rain likely (60%) and a good (50%) chance of rain late at night, a (40%) chance of showers inland at night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Friday (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Friday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Saturday, then cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Saturday night lows 44-48 cooling to 40 Saturday night highs 56-53. Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Sunday, a slight (20%) chance of showers at night, just mostly cloudy Monday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Monday night, then mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Tuesday through Wednesday highs 50-55 lows 40-43. (seasonal averages high 54 low 41)

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Partly cloudy tonight, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) of rain Thursday afternoon, cloudy with a (30%) chance of evening rain, a (40%) chance of showers Thursday night, mostly cloudy a (30%) chance of showers Friday, a (30%) chance of showers Friday night, a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday AM, a good (50%) chance of rain in the afternoon, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Saturday night free air freezing level 9,000 ft. tonight, snow level above 8,000 ft. Thursday, 7,000 ft. Thursday night, 6,500 ft. Friday, 6,000 ft. Friday night, 5,500 ft. Saturday, then 5,000 ft. Saturday night lows 38-29 highs 52-47. Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow Sunday, a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow Sunday night, just mostly cloudy Monday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Monday night, rain likely (60%) Tuesday, then rain and snow likely (60%) Tuesday night and Wednesday snow level 4,000 ft. Sunday and Sunday night, free air freezing level 5,000 ft. Monday, 5,500 ft. Monday night through Tuesday night, then 4,500 ft. Wednesday highs 44 lows 32-30.

 

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

 

________________

 

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com.

 

________________

For more click to continue on to http://timchueyweather4u.com/blog

Default thumbnail
Previous Story

Splash! pool closes for the night because of power outage

Next Story

Hopped Up Eugene

Latest from Headline Feed