Your Easter weekend is shaping up pretty nicely. Look for lots of sunshine and dry Saturday, then sunshine with only a slight chance of a shower Sunday.

_______________

 

 

Here is my weekly weather quiz question. This is your last chance to win this week. What is a “Microburst?” Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

 

 ________________

 

An upper level high pressure ridge (shaded “Arch”shape) has been trying to take over, but a low pressure area (shaded “Crescent” shape offshore) is keeping the clouds and chance of rain with us. The upper level low will move eastward and hopefully the high will take over bringing sunshine, but no rain. It looks like the next serious frontal system won’t show up until next Friday.

 

________________

 

Advisories:  NONE AT THIS TIME.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Partly cloudy tonight, mostly sunny Saturday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers (0.10 in. of rain possible) Sunday (Easter), mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of evening showers (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy Sunday night and Monday, then just partly cloudy Monday night lows 45-46 cooling to 44 Monday night highs 70-63. Partly cloudy Tuesday, mostly cloudy at night, a mix of clouds and sun Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers at night, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday through Friday highs 64-58 lows near 44. (seasonal averages high 58 low 38)

________________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this evening, partly cloudy late tonight, a slight (20%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of isolated thunderstorms Saturday afternoon, a good (50%) chance of showers with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, a good (50%) chance of showers late Saturday night (0.25 in. of rain possible), cloudy with showers likely (60%) Sunday (Easter) (0.20 in. of rain possible), a (40%) chance of showers at night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday, then partly cloudy at night lows 48-53 cooling to 48 Sunday night and Monday night highs 73-63 warming to 68 Monday. Partly cloudy Tuesday, mostly cloudy Tuesday night and Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers at night, showers likely (60%) Thursday, a good (50%) chance of showers at night, then showers likely (60%) Friday highs 65-70 cooling to 62 Friday lows near 46. (seasonal averages high 59 low 40)

 

_________________

 

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Partly cloudy tonight and Saturday AM, mostly cloudy and warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms with gusty winds possible Saturday afternoon and evening, a good (50%) chance of showers late Saturday night (0.20 in. of rain possible), cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Sunday AM (Easter), showers likely (60%) in the afternoon (0.15 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Sunday night, a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday, then just partly cloudy Monday night lows 47-50 cooling to 45 Monday night highs 62-56 warming to 60 Monday. Partly cloudy Tuesday, mostly cloudy at night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday, a (30%) chance of showers at night, then mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Thursday through Friday highs 55-60 cooling to 54 Friday lows 44-48. (seasonal averages high 54 low 42)

________________

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this evening, just partly cloudy late tonight, partly cloudy with slight (20%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Saturday afternoon and evening, a good (50%) chance of showers late at night, a mix of clouds and sun with a good (50%) chance of showers Sunday (Easter), mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers at night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday, then just partly cloudy Monday night snow level 7,000 ft. tonight, 8,000 ft. Saturday and Saturday night, 7,500 ft.  Sunday, and Sunday night, 7,000 ft. Monday, then free air freezing level 8,000 ft. Monday night lows near 36 highs 59-50 warming to 53 Monday. Partly cloudy Tuesday, mostly cloudy at night, a mix of clouds and sun Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of  showers at night, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday, then mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Thursday night and Friday free air freezing level 8,000 ft. Tuesday through Wednesday, snow level 7,500 ft. Wednesday night and Thursday, 6,500 ft. Thursday night, then 6,000 ft. Friday highs 53-47 lows 33-30.

 

45

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

 

________________

 

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com.

 

________________

For more click to continue on to http://timchueyweather4u.com/blog

Default thumbnail
Previous Story

Eugene police investigate report of a police impersonator

Next Story

A Conversation With Author Peter Hoffmeister

Latest from Headline Feed

0 $0.00