A wet day today, but drying out for your workweek.

_______________

 

Check out my column for the Eugene Daily News “Some More Things Oregon Doesn’t Have”.

 

________________

 

 

Sorry, no winner this week. Here is my weekly weather quiz question for the last time. What is the difference between “Onshore Flow” and “Offshore Flow?” Here is the correct answer. Onshore Flow occurs when air moves from sea to land, and is usually associated wtih increased moisture. Offshore Flow occurs when air moves from land to sea, and is usually associated with dry weather. I’ll have another weekly weather quiz question for you starting Monday. Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

 

________________

 

 

An upper level trough of low pressure (shaded “U”shape) is sliding into the Pacific Northwest with the help of a frontal system that passed through early Saturday AM, return us to a wet weather pattern. It looks like surface high pressure (Blue”H” over the ocean) combined with high pressure aloft (Shaded “Arch” shape moving toward than over Oregon) will keep us relatively dry for the workweek. However, next weekend has the potential of being a wet one.

________________

 

Advisories: A FROST ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM UNTIL 8 AM TODAY FOR EASTERN CURRY COUNTY, JOSEPHINE COUNTY, AND JACKSON COUNTY. A FREEZE WARNING IS IN EFFECT FROM 2AM UNTIL 8 AM TODAY FOR EASTERN CURRY COUNTY, JOSEPHINE COUNTY, AND JACKSON COUNTY.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with showers likely (70%) today (0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers at night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible) and Monday (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, small hail possible), partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers at night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a mix of clouds and sun Tuesday, then partly cloudy Tuesday night highs 52-60 lows near 37. A mix of clouds and sun Wednesday through Saturday with mostly cloudy nights highs 60-65 lows 40-44. (seasonal averages high 60 low 39)
________________

 

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers this AM, rain and snow showers likely (70%) this afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 2,000 ft. rising to 2,500 ft. in the afternoon), cloudy with rain and snow showers likely (60%) tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 2,500 ft. falling to 2,000 ft.), mostly cloudy Monday with a good (50%) chance of AM rain and snow showers, rain and snow showers likely (60%) in the afternoon (under 0.10 in of rain possible, snow level 2,000 ft.),  a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday evening, patchy frost late at night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 3,000 ft.) and Tuesday AM and partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and just a bit warmer Tuesday, then just partly cloudy Tuesday night highs 53-60 lows near 38. Mostly cloudy Wednesday, partly cloudy at night, mostly cloudy Thursday, partly cloudy at night, mostly cloudy Friday and Friday night, then just partly cloudy Saturday highs 64-66 lows 43-50. (seasonal averages high 62 low 42)

 

_________________

 

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of AM showers, showers likely (70%) this afternoon (0.10 in. of rain possible, AM snow level 2,000 ft.), showers likely (60%) in the evening, a good (50%) chance of showers late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of coastal showers Monday AM while a good (50%) chance of AM rain and snow showers inland, showers likely (60%) in the afternoon (0.10 in. of rain possible, AM snow level 2,000 ft.), mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, partly cloudy late at night, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday afternoon, then just partly cloudy Tuesday night highs 52-55 lows 40-42. Mostly cloudy Wednesday, partly cloudy at night, mostly cloudy Thursday, partly cloudy at night, then mostly cloudy Thursday night through Saturday highs 55-58 cooling to 55 Saturday lows 43-48. (seasonal averages high 55 low 43)

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Mostly cloudy with snow showers today (1 in. of snow possible), rain and snow showers likely (60%) this evening, snow showers likely (60% late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible, 2 in. of snow possible), rain and snow showers likely (70%) Monday AM, showers and snow showers with possible hail in the afternoon, partly cloudy with a (30%) chance of evening rain and snow showers, then just a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday, then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday night snow level at the surface today, 2,500 ft. tonight and Monday, 3,500 ft. Monday night and Tuesday, then 4,500 ft. Tuesday night highs 35-45 lows 22-26. A mix of clouds and sun Wednesday through Saturday with mostly cloudy skies at night free air freezing level 5,000 ft. Wednesday, 6,500 ft. Wednesday night, 6,000 ft. Thursday, 7,500 ft. Thursday night and Friday, then 9,000 ft. Friday night and Saturday highs 47-52 lows 30-33 cooling to near 30 Friday night.

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

 

________________

 

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com.

 

________________

For more click to continue on to http://timchueyweather4u.com/blog

Default thumbnail
Previous Story

Cobras duo shine at Roseburg

Next Story

Signs, Signs, Everywhere a Sign!

Latest from Headline Feed