April 8 – Morning Headlines

//
Did you know yesterday was World Health Day?

Morning Headlines

Did you know yesterday was World Health Day?
Did you know yesterday was World Health Day?
  • Wrong-way driver crash closes Beltline at River Road
    A crash involving a wrong-way driver closed the Randy-Pape’ Beltline Highway at River Road early Sunday morning while police conduct a crash investigation, ODOT officials said.
  • County sued over group home
    A Christian group claims that Lane County’s denial of a permit for a faith-based addiction treatment center amounts to religious discrimination and is asking a federal judge to force the county to allow the project. The suit filed in U.S. Distric
  • Oregon State Closes Series With Rubber Game Win
    The Oregon State Beavers closed out their away series with the tenth-ranked UCLA Bruins by taking home a series victory after a 5-2 win on Sunday. Ben Wetzler was impressive on the mound for the Beavers, recording the victory after giving up just one r
  • Photo Essay: Pepsi Invitational Track Meet
    It was a strong outing for the men and women’s track teams in the Pepsi Invitational at Eugene’s Historic Hayward Field. The men came out strong for a first place finish with the women grabbing second place behind Texas A&M. Football stars like De’Anth
  • Oregon Men Take First, Women Second at Pepsi Invitational 
    The Oregon men’s track and field program raced to victory at the Pepsi Team Invitational on Saturday to play spoiler to the top-ranked Texas A&M Aggies. The Duck women placed second behind the fourth-ranked Aggie women at Historic Hayward Field.
  • Dana Altman Takes Home Coach of the Year Honors
    After leading the Ducks to a 28-9 record and a Sweet 16 appearance, head coach Dana Altman was selected as the national head coach of the year at the CollegeInsiders.com awards banquet in Atlanta. He has led Oregon to three straight 20 win seasons.

Keep Current: – EDN Headline News, Sports and Weather

Tim Chuey Weather:

[gn_note color=#eee][/gn_note]

Some showers today, but there will be a break from tonight through Tuesday night.

An upper level trough of low pressure (shaded “U”shape) is sliding eastward and will keep the clouds and precipitation  with us. A frontal system has moved through Oregon bringing more wet weather and cooler temperatures and even some thunder. High pressure (shaded “Arch” shape) will try to take over and dry us out, but will only succeed for a while Tuesday. Another upper level trough of low pressure (Shaded “U” shape on first graphic) and a surface storm system will approach the Pacific Northwest in the middle of the week increasing the chance of showers from Wednesday forward.

[gn_spoiler title=”ADVISORIES” open=”0″ style=”1″]A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT ABOVE 4,000 FT. UNTIL 5 AM TODAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL  AND SOUTH OREGON CASCADES AND THE SISKIYOUS MOUNTAINS.  A FREEZE WATCH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING FOR EASTERN CURRY COUNTY, JOSEPHINE COUNTY, AND JACKSON COUNTY. A FROST ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM UNTIL 8 AM TODAY FOR EASTERN CURRY COUNTY, JOSEPHINE COUNTY, AND JACKSON COUNTY.[/gn_spoiler]

High: 63
Low: 38
Rain: 40%
Forecast: Patchy AM fog, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers today (0.10 in. of rain possible), partly cloudy this evening, mostly cloudy tonight through Tuesday night, cloudy with a good (50%) chance rain Wednesday AM, afternoon rain likely (60%), then showers likely (60%) Wednesday night highs 56-63 cooling to near 60 Wednesday lows 38-45. Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday, a slight (20%) chance of showers at night, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Friday, a good (5o%) chance of rain Friday night, rain likely (60%) Saturday, a good (50%) chance of rain at night, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Sunday highs 59-55 warming to 58 Sunday lows near 38. (seasonal averages high 59 low 39)

Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

Keep Current on the Weather: timchueyweather4u.com

Benefit For Autism

When the weather forecast is bad and the news is bad, there is always music. In this case it’s an album of exceptional local Eugene talent whose proceeds benefit the Kindtree Autism Rocks charity. Support Autism, the arts, and a bright spot in your day.

Default thumbnail
Previous Story

AAA: Average price of gasoline in Oregon $3.69

Next Story

Cal Rattles Off Six Straight for Lacrosse Victory Over Oregon

Latest from Firehose

0 $0.00