Still three months and two days away from the start of the season (not that anybody is counting), more details have begun to emerge as to when the Oregon Ducks will be playing and on what channel you can find them. As per a release by the Pac-12, seven of Oregon’s 12 regular season contests have been assigned to a network, with five of those having a start time determined as well.
With their game at Virginia against the Cavaliers already determined to be broadcast on ABC/ESPN2 at 12:30 pm, here’s a look at the other games that have been assigned to a network, a start time, or both.
- August 31 – vs. Nicholls State (Eugene, Oregon) – 1:00 pm/FOX Sports 1
- September 7 – at Virginia (Charlottesville, Virginia) – 12:30 pm/ABC/ESPN2
- September 14 – vs. Tennessee (Eugene, Oregon) – 12:30 pm/ABC/ESPN/ESPN2
- September 28 – vs. California (Eugene, Oregon) – TBA/Pac-12 Networks
- October 5 – at Colorado (Boulder, Colorado) – TBA/Pac-12 Networks
- November 7 – at Stanford (Stanford, California) – 6:00 pm/ESPN
- November 29 – vs. Oregon State (Eugene, Oregon) – 4:00 pm/ FOX Sports 1
While there are still games against Washington, Washington State, UCLA, Utah, and Arizona that still need to be assigned a start time and network, the Pac-12 Networks guaranteed that all football games would receive television coverage this year. Of those games, it would not be surprising to see ESPN or a FOX affiliate to televise the games against Washington, UCLA, or Arizona.
Of interesting note are the assigned start times so far. Last season many complained about five of Oregon’s nationally televised games being assigned a start time of 7:30 pm. Though the Ducks walked away with easy wins in just about every one of those games, the time slot wasn’t ideal for people along the east coast to watch Oregon play.
Perhaps taking complaints from last year into consideration, Oregon has just one game scheduled after 5:00 pm so far, their already-hyped Pac-12 North contest against Stanford, which is slated for a 6:00 pm kick on ESPN. The Ducks’ latest start other than that game is their 4:00 pm start on November 29 against the Oregon State Beavers, allowing the program to each a potentially broader national audience.
FOX Sports 1 is a new channel that is set to launch in August and will replace the channel location that is currently SPEED. For more information about the channel, click here.