Look for more clouds and a slight chance of showers.

______________

 

Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not Column What’s In A Name? It’s “Deja Vu” All Over Again.

 

________________

 

Here is my weekly weather quiz question. What is “Popcorn Convection?” Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

 

Advisories:

A Blue-Green Algae warning continues for Dexter Reservoir, Dorena Reservoir, and Fern Ridge Reservoir.  Water monitoring has confirmed the presence of blue-green algae that can produce toxins, state public health officials said. The algae levels are likely associated with dangerous cyanotoxin concentrations in the water that can be harmful to humans and animals. Swallowing or inhaling water droplets, as well as skin contact with water, should be avoided according to the authorities.

________________

 

An upper level low pressure trough (Shaded area “U” shape offshore) is taking control of our weather for a while as we get closer to the beginning of Autumn at 1:44 PM Friday September 22nd. A weak frontal system moved into the Pacific Northwest returning the clouds and a slight chance of showers.

 

________________

 

The Grass Pollen Count is listed as Absent at 0 and Tree pollen is Low at 2 as of 8/27/13 according to Oregon Allergy Associates.

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers today, partly cloudy  tonight.
  • A mix of clouds and sun Wednesday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms late Wednesday night.
  • A mix of clouds and sun with good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Thursday and Thursday evening, then a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday night.
  • highs 82-74 lows 57-54.
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday AM, a mix of clouds and sun in the afternoon, partly cloudy Friday night through Sunday AM, sunny in the afternoon, clear in the evening, then mostly sunny Monday.
  • highs 78-84 lows near 50. (seasonal averages high 80 low 50)

________________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg:

  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers today, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this evening, partly cloudy tonight.
  • Mostly cloudy Wednesday AM, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of afternoon and evening thunderstorms, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Wednesday night.
  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of AM showers, a (30%) chance of thunderstorms Thursday afternoon and evening, partly cloudy late Thursday night.
  • highs 83-78 lows 59-52.
  • Partly cloudy Friday AM, sunny in the afternoon, mostly clear Friday night.
  • Mostly sunny Saturday, mostly clear at night, then partly cloudy Sunday through Monday.
  • highs near 82-87 lows 55-60. (seasonal averages high 82 low 54)

 

_________________

 

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers today, a slight (20%) chance of coastal showers tonight while partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of inland evening showers and mostly cloudy late tonight.
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of coastal showers Wednesday AM, just partly cloudy in the afternoon and evening, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Wednesday night.
  • highs 72-68 lows 56-54.
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday and Thursday night.
  • Partly cloudy Friday AM, sunny in the afternoon, mostly clear Friday night.
  • Mostly sunny Saturday and Sunday while mostly clear Saturday night and Sunday night.
  • Sunny Monday.
  • highs near 70 lows 55-59. (seasonal averages high 66 low 52)

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County:

  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers and thunderstorms, a slight (20%) chance of afternoon showers, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, just partly cloudy late tonight. Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday afternoon, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening, a (40%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance thunderstorms late Wednesday night.
  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers and thunderstorms Thursday and Thursday evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers at night.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. tonight through Thursday night.
  • highs 69-55 lows 48-44.
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday AM, mostly sunny in the afternoon, partly cloudy Friday night and Saturday AM, then mostly sunny Saturday afternoon through Monday with mostly clear skies at night.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. Friday AM, free air freezing level 13,000 ft. Friday afternoon, 14,000 ft. Friday night and Saturday, 15,000 ft. Saturday night and Sunday, then 16,000 ft. Sunday night and Monday.
  • highs 64-73 lows 44-48.

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

 

________________

 

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com.

 

________________

Default thumbnail
Previous Story

Look for just a slight chance of showers tonight and again Tuesday.

Dana Altman
Next Story

Oregon Basketball's Dana Altman Changing the Formula for Success

Latest from Headline Feed

0 $0.00