Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not Column Wow! That Sounds Like It Ought To Be A Record. Oh, It Is.
Here is my new weekly weather quiz question. Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.
A Blue-Green Algae warning continues for Tenmile Lakes in Coos County, Fern Ridge Reservoir, Lost Creek Lake, and at Devils Lake. Water monitoring has confirmed the presence of blue-green algae that can produce toxins, state public health officials said. The algae levels are likely associated with dangerous cyanotoxin concentrations in the water that can be harmful to humans and animals. Swallowing or inhaling water droplets, as well as skin contact with water, should be avoided according to the authorities.
An upper level high pressure ridge (Shaded “Arch” shape) will be strengthening over Oregon cutting off the moisture feed and drying us out while spreading sunshine over the Pacific Northwest for the next 7 days.
Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:
- Clear this evening, mostly cloudy with areas of fog late tonight,
- Mostly cloudy with patchy fog Tuesday AM, sunny in the afternoon, mostly clear in the evening, patchy fog again late Tuesday night.
- Mostly cloudy with patchy fog Wednesday AM, mostly sunny in the afternoon, mostly cloudy with patchy fog again late at night.
- Mostly cloudy with areas of AM fog, partly cloudy in the afternoon and evening, mostly cloudy with patchy fog late Thursday night.
- lows 38-42 highs 70-60 warming to 63 Thursday.
- Mostly cloudy with patchy AM fog, mostly sunny in the afternoon, partly cloudy with patchy fog late at night Friday through Monday.
- highs 64-60 lows near 38 (seasonal averages high 62 low 41)
Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg:
- Clear with areas of fog again late tonight,
- Partly cloudy with patchy AM fog, sunny Tuesday afternoon, clear with patchy evening fog, areas of fog late at night,
- Party cloudy with areas of AM fog, sunny Wednesday afternoon, clear with patchy fog Wednesday night,
- Partly cloudy with patchy AM fog, sunny Thursday afternoon, then mostly clear at night.
- lows near 45 highs near near 70.
- Partly cloudy with patchy fog in the AM, sunny Friday afternoon, clear at night,
- Patchy AM fog, sunny Saturday, mostly clear at night,
- Patchy AM fog, partly cloudy Sunday and Sunday night,
- Then partly cloudy with patchy AM fog followed by sunny skies Monday.
- highs 72-65 lows near 45. (seasonal averages high 65 low 44)
Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend:
- Clear inland tonight while clear this evening at the shore then mostly cloudy with areas of fog late tonight,
- Mostly cloudy with patchy lingering coastal Tuesday afternoon while cloudy with patchy AM fog inland, then sunny in the afternoon, clear in the evening at the shore and mostly cloudy late Tuesday night, while clear inland with patchy evening fog, patchy fog late Tuesday night,
- Mostly cloudy with patchy AM fog, lingering coastal fog while sunny inland Wednesday afternoon, clear in the evening at the shore and mostly cloudy at night while clear with patchy fog inland Wednesday night,
- Cloudy with patchy AM fog, sunny Thursday afternoon, clear with patchy fog Thursday night.
- lows near 46 highs 55-63.
- Partly cloudy with patchy fog Friday AM, sunny in the afternoon, clear Friday night,
- AM clouds and fog, sunny Saturday afternoon, mostly clear at night,
- Mostly cloudy with patchy AM fog, partly cloudy Sunday afternoon and at night.
- Partly cloudy with patchy AM fog, then sunny Monday afternoon.
- highs near 66 lows near 47. (seasonal averages high 61 low 46)
Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County:
- Clear tonight,
- Sunny Tuesday and Wednesday, clear at night,
- Mostly sunny Thursday, then mostly cloudy at night.
- free air freezing level 14,000 ft. tonight, 13,000 ft. Tuesday and Tuesday night, then 12,000 ft. Wednesday through Thursday night.
- lows 36-33 highs 63-57.
- Mostly sunny Friday and Saturday, mostly clear skies at night,
- Partly cloudy Sunday AM, mostly sunny in the afternoon and Monday, mostly clear Sunday night.
- free air freezing level 12,000 ft. Friday through Sunday, then 13,000 ft. Sunday night and 12,000 ft. Monday.
- highs 59-48 lows near 35.
**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com.
For more click to continue on to http://timchueyweather4u.com/blog