New gold, silver, and bronze winning beers from the 2013 Great American Beer Festival will be introduced, as well as winners from last year, at the inaugural Tap & Growler Beer Festival, which begins on Sunday, November 3 and continues through Saturday, November 9.
Tap & Growler will be offering a $50 punch card that is good for 20, eight ounce pours along with a with a 32-ounce growler to take home your favorite beer of the day.
General Manager Toby Harris said, “This will give people the chance to sample all of the award winners throughout the week and keep track, plus offer some savings if they choose to purchase the punch card.” Harris added that the punch card will be available for pre-purchase at the taproom.
“So far 19 award winning beers from the recent GABF are chillin in the cooler awaiting their day,” said co-owner Patric Campbell. “This will be the first come first,but we’ll try to keep them on throughout the week if possible. Most of the beers are from Oregon, but we also have some from Washington, California, and Colorado.”
Tap & Growler Beer Festival beer release schedule:
Sunday, Pelican Brewery and Elysian Day
• Pelican’s Silverspot IPA (silver medal English-style IPA)
• Pelican’s Doryman’s Dark Ale (bronze medal American-style brown ale)
• Pelican’s Kiwanda Cream Ale (bronze medal golden or blonde ale)
• Palican’s Tsunami Stout (bronze medal foreign style stout)
• Elysian’s Mens Room Original Red (bronze medal ordinary special or bitter)
Monday, Flat tail Brewery Event Day. Flat Tail staff will be on hand at 6 p.m. for the release.
• Flat Tail’s Tailgater Kolsch (silver medal German-style kolsch)
• Flat Tail’s Little Green (bronze medal bohemian-style pilsner)
Tuesday, Ninkasi Event Day. Ninkasi staff will be on staff at 6 p.m. for the release.
• Ninkasi’s Bohemian Pilsner (gold medal bohemian-style pilsner)
• Also two non-award Ninkasi released beers: India Red and Mandarina Single Hop Ale.
Wednesday, Oakshire Meet the Brewer in Private Hellshire III tasting.
• Hellshire III private tasting: 24 tickets will be sold due to a finite quantity of this gold medal winning wood barrel aged beer. The $20 ticket gets you a three ounce pour of Hellshire III with Oakshire Head Brewer Matt Van Wyck, a 32 ounce growler of your choice and an eight-ounce pour of the following beers: Pink Pumpkin Ale, and 7th Anniversary Bourbon Barrel-Aged Sour Cherry Baltic Porter
Thursday, California day.
• Firestone Walker’s Wookie Jack (gold medal American-style wheat beer)
• Firestone Walker’s Pivo Hoppy Pils (gold medal German-style pilsner)
• Firestone Walker’s Union Jack (silver medal American-style IPA)
• Moylan’s Dragoon’s Dry Irish Stout (bronze medal classic dry Irish stout)
• Mad River’s Steelhead Extra Pale Ale (silver medal golden or blonde ale)
• Sierra Nevada’s (non-oak aged) Narwhal (2012 silver medal imperial stout)
Friday, Eastern Oregon and Baker City day.
• Barley Brown’s Shredder’s Wheat (gold medal American-style black ale)
• Barley Brown’s Hand Truck (gold medal international-styl pale ale)
• Barley Brown’s Pallet Jack IPA (gold medal American-style IPA)
Saturday, Snowy Mountain Peak Day along with Bend and Colorado brews.
• Bend Brewing’s Ching Ching (gold medal American-style sour ale)
• 10 Barrel’s German Sparkle Party-limited (gold medal German-style sour ale)
• Great Divide’s Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout (gold medal chocolate beer)